Why is it taking sooo long?

Gilliano

For the past two weeks I've only managed to lose a couple of pounds. I'm nor far off my target weight and on SS+ but for heavens sake how much loooooonger is it going to take to shift these last few pounds :mad: I power walk 3 miles at least 4 times a week, I haven't touched a carb :tear_drop: and I'm fed up..............

Oh Gilliano I know how you feel - it is so disheartening.

But we know if we give up, we'll never reach that goal, and we will feel even worse if we do give up.

Keep going - I think maybe cut down on the exercise for now see if that makes a difference.

Have you had a look at your body fat to see if your target is actually realistic?

I found this calculation really interesting.

If your BMI is 22 then you shouldnt be doing ssplus , you should be on 810 minimum. Your slower weight loss can be due tot he fact your calories are soo low and you havent got much to lose. Go up a plan and see how you get on.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hey guys - thanks for the good advice. You're right maybe I'm ready to step up to 810 as I've no intention of giving up having got this far. I'm just a bit frustrated that I haven't moved a lb or 2 more. Anyway I've got my WI tonight so I'll see what my CDC has to say. Congratulations to all of you with your fantastic weight loss - respect. xxx

good luck with weigh in tonight and let us know how you get on.

10lb (ticker says 11lb) in three weeks is excellent, nothing slow about that.

Love Mini xxx

By BMI 25 you should have been on 810 so the programme you are on is too low. This is more than likely the reason you are not losing weight.

At BMI 22, I would expect you to be on around 1000 cals.

Technically you can stay on 810 until BMI 21, however, in reality this would not allow you to move through stabilisation which is every bit as important and the weightloss phase.

Back