Why is my body giving up :(

and thats good for you, i was simply pointing out that jumping points hasnt hindered my weight loss, and if shes hit a plateau it cant harm to try it out as she has nothing to lose

It hasnt hindered you because by your own admiission you have almost nothing to lose. Please just dont advise people who do to totally disregard WW guidelines and rules

surely its harder for me to lose anyway because i've got little to lose....Anyways im not getting into this. I'm sorry you dont agree with what i said, but i was simply pointing out my experience.

Just to add in my bit after mentioning the wendy plan, its just something i have heard of. I wouldnt reccomened ever going under 14 anyway but that is your choice and im not here to judge!.
On the plans i have read about (but not actually tried) you have the same amount of weekly points and have a certain amount under or over what you are meant to have. It should never go below 14 even if you are only on 18 etc. Its bassicly saving some of your points each day like alot of peope do, its just that you spend them on a certain day so that your body gets a bit of a change up.
I stopped losing for about a month over christmas but that was beause i wasnt being honest with myself about how much i was going over some days, so maybe if you are a bit slack like me with weighing things and counting the odd handful of grapes, maybe just be a bit stricter about making sure you point everything accuratly, im sure that eventually you will start to lose again, stick in there hun!

Hey... im a simlar case..i stopped at around 12.9 and 12.7 couldnt move away for a good few months. But it was as like Katie said i wasnt being honest about everything...wasnt counting the odd biscuit..drinking regular redbull.

I just started counting everything and being more careful in my choices and im down to 12.1 since 2.1.2010 :D

Good Luck x

I must say that this is one of those wee things that really bugs me lol. I often come across this perception that people following ww don’t eat healthily. Particular on the SW section of this forum. Its very unfair, because theres no reason to assume that all we eat is ww ready meals just because they are available. Who could actually afford to eat this way anyway? Plus most of us are feeding others too to it wouldn’t be practical!! I certainly wouldn’t give my kids ready meals, and why would I eat differently to them. I feel that ww can benefit the health of the entire family, plus I definitely don’t want my daughter noticing that I am ‘on a diet’. I tell her ww is a cookery class lol, I don’t want her knowing about me losing weight.

I think its great that these foods are available, for convenience, but they certainly don’t form part of the ww plan. The discover plan is all about using filling foods to make sure you are never hungry, and they are very healthy foods. My leader says if you do occasionally use these meals, then she advises you bulk them up with extra veg.

In theory, you could lose weight sticking to your points and by just eating rubbish, but you would be very hungry and therefore wouldn’t stick it longterm, plus you wouldn’t actually be following ww guidelines, so you aren’t really doing ww.

I agree with starlight on the wendy plan. In my personal opinion it promotes a pattern of binging and starving, which is an extremely unhealthy way of eating. And for good health, we should be moving away from that pattern.

For me, and I suspect the majority of us here, we are trying to improve our health in the longterm, and therefore we need to follow the ww rigidly.

I appreciate your circumstances are totally different to mine, if you are just looking a quick loss for a holiday, though it’s a shame you are going in with the attitude of saying you will gain it back, believe me hon if you try and lose weight again in the future it will get harder each time, yo yo’ing is bad news unfortunately – I am sure most of us have been there!!!! But I just thought I would give my opinion, as I would hate for someone to read this and think the wendy plan was part of the ww plans.

To the op -

Plateaus suck :-(

My advice is to go back to basics. Are you sure no little bad habits have slipped in over time? Its easy to get complacent when you know the plan inside out. Retake the points quiz to make sure you are on the correct points. Also read your entire pack again to refresh you.

I would advise - Go back to weighing and counting and tracking everything, make sure you aren't having wee nibbles here and there (thats my downfall lol) like I will take a bite of the kids brekkie etc.

Try some new foods this week, and maybe some new recipes. Also vary your excercise program, the body gets used to excercise and becomes more efficient therefore you need to keep it guessing, as much variation as possible.

I would also speak to your leader, its her job to help you through this.

Also, remember that when you have lost so much, its normal for it to slow down, and actually it becomes a huge achievement to lose ANY each week, you are doing really well so stick with it hon.

Im sorry but I would NEVER recommend that. Youre just basically not sticking to WW plan if your points are varying that much. It might work in the short term for you but thats not a healthy way to eat.

yeh i was thinking that myself ive done w/w long enough that I have learned theres way do doing things, and the right ways will work out. this week ive lost 1 1/4 lbs so i cant grumble :) just need to except that because ive lost soo much my body is slowing down the weight loss but i will stick at it i have too :)

I have been on w/w for so long that my moto is not count everything that passes my mouth because at the end of the day am cheating myself and will b dissapointed as for the wendy plan I personally wont try it as it isnt for me I have made long life changes nt quick fixes and i thing that is wendy plan is a quick fix of starvation and binge. thanks every1 for the comments and sorry for the causing a bit of disagrement with members :( :( :( xx

hey it added a bit of interest! Well done on your loss, glad your over your plateu

Back