Why is water so important to this diet?

Hi :)

As you all know, I really struggle with the water side of this diet.

Does the water actually cause you to lose weight or is it just way of ridding the body of toxins?

Why do we need to drink sooo much, when the recommended daily intake is about 2lts or so?

thanks

bm2lm xx

The official minimum water intake with CD is 2.25L (4 pints)

1) the water fills you up so no room to take in food.

2) A lot of the time we mistake thirst for hunger, this re-trains us for the future

3) Yes we do flush out toxins - by going into ketosis our body produces ketones which must be flushed out as an excess build up can lead to problems with the liver

Im sure there is more reasons on top of this that others can add to.

Doesn't the extra water have to be consumed as just water?

I was told that black tea/coffee/herbal tea etc cannot be 'counted' as part of the water requirement.

Doesn't the extra water have to be consumed as just water?

I was told that black tea/coffee/herbal tea etc cannot be 'counted' as part of the water requirement.

On page 6 of the yellow Weight Care book is says

" You must also drink at least 2.25litres (4pints) of caorie free liquid a day too. This is really important.

Your calorie free liquids can include
  • Plain Water
  • Black tea or coffee - no sugar (a tablet sweetner may be used)
  • zero calorie diet drinks. do not add anything to water other than cambridge drink mixes. It is best to avoid herbal teas becuase they can contain fruit and/or sugar.
So I would say anything above this amount is a bonus and I do believe the saying here is "the more you drink the more you shrink".

Im all for drinking lots of water but you have to be careful not to drink too much as this can wash out electrolytes & essential minerals (ill let you do a internet search, easier than to explain)here's a link
The Analyst - Internet Health Report: Condition: Excess Water Consumption

mind you you would need to drink a lot of fluid to cause a problem though:eek::eek:

Does the water actually cause you to lose weight..... NO. you lose weight because calories in are less than calories used, causing a deficet in calorie. the body still needs to find those calories so it uses the fat stores in your body

or is it just way of ridding the body of toxins?...to a certain degree yes. the body needs fluids to excrete the waste

Why do we need to drink sooo much, because we have no regular food going into our body. most of what we would regulary eat is made up predominantly of water..in veg/fruit/meat a lot of water content. by not eating food, we have no water entering our system except the water we drink.

when the recommended daily intake is about 2lts or so?
between 2-4 ltrs will suit most people. it depends on your body size and lifestyle.. too much water can be harmful too. you've got to find what is right for you.

the body can survive for months without food, but water is essential to life.

Back