Why isn't this getting easier yet? :(

loopdidoo

Sorry really don't want to be all miserable but I am sooooo low today I don't even think it is food that is making me this way but I just feel fed up! Is this normal? I am on day 5, any idea when it'll get better? Thanks xxx

I felt like this on day 5 too! I did feel much better the next few days and after that first weigh in I was spurred on to keep going!

Keep at it!!

I felt like this on day 5 too! I did feel much better the next few days and after that first weigh in I was spurred on to keep going!

Keep at it!!

Thanks for replying Rose! You have done really well, congratulations!!
Glad I'm not the only one to feel like this, I knew it wouldn't be easy but wasn't prepared to feel miserable! Just counting down the shakes till 1st weign-in - 15 down 6 to go. Hopefully my loss will spur me on. x

I think it was day 5 when I felt like that too so no doubt your not alone keep your chin up and good luck for a fab loss!!

Hi, from what I read before starting my TFR journey it was highly likely to be feeling rough on day five.

Stick with it and it will get better. I was amazed at how energised I started to feel once I'd gotten past the first few days.

Be positive - it'll work - it has to by the law of physics xx

Lisa x

Hi,
I am in the same boat as you today, I am 4 days in and just feel so low too but it is great to see that others are feeling it too (not glad you feel like crap, you get my drift though ;)) Was nearly crying on way to work today :confused: My sister did this diet and she keeps telling me to just get thru the first week and it gets soooo much easier from there. Its the first week that alot of people just give up because it is hard but hold tough, you are only 2 days away and when you see weight loss you'll be hugely motivated! Good luck X

Thank you all so much for your lovely positive replies, it is good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way! Funny how day 5 seems to create this reaction.
Your post made me giggle glitzybug, I do know what you mean, it is somehow easier if you know someone else who is feeling the same way. Anyway it is Saturday morning now and I am feeling a whole heap better than yesterday. We are going to try and get out of the house this afternoon so that should help, only 5 shakes to go! :clap: All the best for your 1st WI glitzybug, keep us posted. x

Hey loopidoo!
Just to let you know lost 9lbs in my weigh in yesterday....sooo happy :D Will keep me motivated for the next sevens days. Still feeling hunger pangs on and off, are you the same? I think I am def over the worst of the side affects but Sunday just gone was really bad. I was teary all day and sat at the table in my mams house while the whole family had their sunday roast and I had my shake...so hard. The final straw came when my mam was making a cheese sandwich that evening...I looked at it and started crying...OVER A CHEESE SANDWHICH :eek: I think it is safe to say you have no control over your emotions :cry:Anyway onward and up. Still no energy, are you the same? I can barely exercise!!

Hey loopidoo!
Just to let you know lost 9lbs in my weigh in yesterday....sooo happy :D Will keep me motivated for the next sevens days. Still feeling hunger pangs on and off, are you the same? I think I am def over the worst of the side affects but Sunday just gone was really bad. I was teary all day and sat at the table in my mams house while the whole family had their sunday roast and I had my shake...so hard. The final straw came when my mam was making a cheese sandwich that evening...I looked at it and started crying...OVER A CHEESE SANDWHICH :eek: I think it is safe to say you have no control over your emotions :cry:Anyway onward and up. Still no energy, are you the same? I can barely exercise!!

Well done on the 9lbs Glitzybug that is fantastic!! As much as I'd like to say my hunger has gone, it hasn't!!:eek:
Saying that I'm not sure if it is hunger or just missing food, tasting, chewing etc. Especially hard when I am feeding the children :cry:, but saying that when I got on the scales on Monday I felt great and I can't wait for the next weigh-in to feel like that again! I am tired but I have been in a permanent state of tiredness since having my first baby (8 years ago!)
I think it is fair to say the it has been quite emotional so far I have had quite a few moments where I have thought I can't carry on, but my pride carries me through thank goodness!!
I'm certain we can both do this! Good luck for this week. xxx

you will feel better just take it one day at a time. the first week you do feel rubbish but when you have a weigh in it makes it all worth it. keep going and remember its not forever.

You will all get there....we all feel miserable for a while, its just your body reacting to a huge change!! Seeing the weight-loss will keep you going. Get out for some walks in the fresh air!!!
Saying that, day 5 my husband and I (both doing diet) took the dog for a long walk and we REALLY didn't think we would make it. We had to stop, buy some water and build up to carrying it on!!! That was a hard day!! Its ok now, I take the dog out for 1-2 hours every night now and i'm marching round the streets!!!
Good luck to you all, positive changes x

you will feel better just take it one day at a time. the first week you do feel rubbish but when you have a weigh in it makes it all worth it. keep going and remember its not forever.

You are definitely right about the 'not forever' part, thank goodness for that! I do love my food!!! I'm halfway through my 2nd week now and just counting down the days for my WI. How long have you been doing it? What have you lost? Hope you don't think I'm nosey!!:)

You will all get there....we all feel miserable for a while, its just your body reacting to a huge change!! Seeing the weight-loss will keep you going. Get out for some walks in the fresh air!!!
Saying that, day 5 my husband and I (both doing diet) took the dog for a long walk and we REALLY didn't think we would make it. We had to stop, buy some water and build up to carrying it on!!! That was a hard day!! Its ok now, I take the dog out for 1-2 hours every night now and i'm marching round the streets!!!
Good luck to you all, positive changes x

It is great that you and your hubby are doing it together! I think distraction is the best thing for me too. Isn't it nicer to get out and about now the warmer weather is here too?!

Hi Loopidoo,

I think Day 5 is the worst for most people.
After the first 10 days it's hard to remember that youeven thought about giving up. Each week is a bonus, even if the gain is small.
I am on week 6 and only lost 1 measly pound after being totally with the programme. Yesterday (weigh-in day) I was gutted and felt very down. Today I'm glad I didn't go off the rails and looking forward to being down again next week -- even a measly pound is better than nothing. Oh yes, and getting into a M & S size 16 pair of black jeans was VERY motivating (down from size 20 in 5 weeks).

Stick it out, it will be so worth it !

Hi Loopidoo,

I think Day 5 is the worst for most people.
After the first 10 days it's hard to remember that youeven thought about giving up. Each week is a bonus, even if the gain is small.
I am on week 6 and only lost 1 measly pound after being totally with the programme. Yesterday (weigh-in day) I was gutted and felt very down. Today I'm glad I didn't go off the rails and looking forward to being down again next week -- even a measly pound is better than nothing. Oh yes, and getting into a M & S size 16 pair of black jeans was VERY motivating (down from size 20 in 5 weeks).

Stick it out, it will be so worth it !

That must have felt brilliant!!! I'll never forget standing in a changing room after having my third baby 4 years ago now and being the lowest weight I'd been in years, I'd just lost 3st on SW. I just wanted to scream out loud when I got into a pair of 14's (they were rather tight but that didn't seem to matter!LOL) but just had to jump up and down silently instead !!:wee:
I used to be a SW consultant and something I remembered being told time and time again was to encourage members (especially female ones) that they should look at their weightloss over a month not a week as we have massive variations in water etc because of hormones.
All the best for this week and hope you get the result on the scales that you deserve.:)
x

Its my day number 5 and i feel great :D

Which seems weird on reading this thread .. watch day 6 be a bad one lol

Back