Why slimming world?

cheeselover

Well like each & everyone of you , you've probably tried most diets , I would never say any diet is rubbish or wrong as different things work at different times for different people for me now Slimming World is my chosen path .

I'm trying slimming world because I don't get on well with calorie counting, and I've never got on with weight watchers. The free foods on slimming world are ones I really enjoy (pasta, potatoes etc.) It's working so far. :)

hi everyone, i did slimming world in 2005 on the old system green or red days lost over 2 and a half stone.
gave up because couldn't mix meats with potatoes pasta's etc. now put all that weight plus lots extra on. The new system sounds better for me so gonna give it a try. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.

Works for me! Best diet I've tried by far. Hopefully will get the results in the long run too!

They do have lost before in WW but I am really enjoying the flexibility of SW , it's so easy , I'm never stuck for what to eat & I don't have to keep trying to remember how many points I've had !!
My boyfriend has never dieted before & he's doing amazingly well !! It's just falling off him , he was a secret garage eater , packet of Haribo & a scotch egg when ever he filled up with fuel , also loved to snack on peanuts so he's cut out massive calories just by stopping those !
Having spent my life on & off diets apart from my Christmas / holiday /weekend off blow outs I was always "trying " to be good so I don't have so many things to cut out just NOT finishing up illegal leftovers & having a big hunk of cheese whilst cooking !!
It may be slow but I need to be the tortoise this time & not the hare !! Slow & steady wins the race .

I like tha fact i can spend a day doing red and a day on green then try extra easy, i dont get bored that way.

Love sw! Have tried all diets pretty much and I always come back to it and I'm never leaving it. I eat the most healthy diet, its flexible and sustainable. On ww I found I would always use prepackaged things so I also way much fresher food too. All diets work when followed but I think sw is the best, most sustainable and healthy. It'd not really a diet but a way of eating healthier for life.

Totally new to slimming world and currently trying to get to grips with what I can and can't have! Joined online as I live in Austria and to my knowledge no clubs in my part of the world. Have been trying to lose weight through healthy heating but my version just doesn't fit the bill apparently. I can't believe how much you can eat on SW. Will I really be able to lose weight???

daisybell18 said:
Totally new to slimming world and currently trying to get to grips with what I can and can't have! Joined online as I live in Austria and to my knowledge no clubs in my part of the world. Have been trying to lose weight through healthy heating but my version just doesn't fit the bill apparently. I can't believe how much you can eat on SW. Will I really be able to lose weight???

Oh yes you definitely will , everyone feels like that to start with !
My boyfriend spent the whole of the first week telling me he couldn't possibly lose any weight eating all this food !!
He's lost 10 lbs so far !!

I've done ww and sw and whilst I do lose weight on both, I seem to get better longterm results with sw. I had a stone to lose and have just finished week 1. I lost 3.5lbs and have literally not stopped eating all week! I think sw is healthier too, I definitely eat a lot more fruit and veg on this plan. If done properly you will definitely lose weight.

Hi I new to sw too, get my first weigh in tomm so not sure how it's gone, feel like I ate soo much though, tonight had huge plate pasta veg prawns then sugar free jelly meringue and a small spoon low fat ice cream. Feel full!!! If this works it's the best diet ever! Good luck, let's hope we both keep going!!!

My first weigh in is on Sunday. Have eaten so much that I cannot believe I will lose weight. Still trying to get my head around the food combining.

2 weeks & 2 days , weigh in tomorrow at home ! Don't really feel any thinner yet just less bloated but hey ho I will strive onwards !!

cheeselover said:
2 weeks & 2 days , weigh in tomorrow at home ! Don't really feel any thinner yet just less bloated but hey ho I will strive onwards !!

My weigh in at home this morning. Two and a half pounds. Thought it might be more but I suppose with the amount I am eating, it is a miracle I have lost at all! Any ideas to share? Do you use your syns?

daisybell18 said:
My weigh in at home this morning. Two and a half pounds. Thought it might be more but I suppose with the amount I am eating, it is a miracle I have lost at all! Any ideas to share? Do you use your syns?

Well that's a great result , well done !
I know what you mean , having been on other diets and practically starved myself to death for days on end & still only lost a lb some weeks , it's really a tough one to get your head around !!
Mr F has lost 12.5 lbs in 19 days !! He's so chuffed as he's never dieted before & can't believe he can eat so much & still lose !!

I wasn't using my Syns in the first 2 weeks but I joined an actual SW meeting last Tuesday & my leader told me to use them as the point of them was to learn how to be moderate with foods that may be difficult to handle & may lead to over indulgence ?!?
However I've found it hard as I can't help thinking that I won't lose as quickly if I'm using them !
We will see !

Am starting to understand about the syns. I have used about 9 a day every day but the benefit is that I don't feel as if I am on a diet. I suppose we each have to find our own balance between quick weight loss and feeling we are eating normally. Would I trade syns for the extra pounds? Probably some but not all of the time. Have certainly cut back today as I am motivated to do better. Only time will tell!!

Back