Why slimming world?

The thing with SW is that it's meant to be a change of lifestyle and teaches about healthy eating. Majority of people, including myself, are in this for the long term and not a quick fix. It's flexible and allows people to make their own choices without all the weighing and measuring.

Personally I feel that because my weight came on over time it won't disappear overnight and I'm happy for my small but very much welcomed weight losses. Whilst a 1 or 2lbs loss per week doesn't seem much it does allow your body to adjust to possibly different foods and the amount that you're consuming.

Once you find your feet with SW it becomes second nature and you food optimise without thinking about it too much. The syns are there so you don't feel that you're depriving yourself. You can indeed have the things you like but obviously not in the quantities you did previously. It's about changing your relationship with food and most of all not having to starve yourself to lose weight.

The 3 C's of life...Choice, Chance, Change.

You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything to Change!! ;)

I think that SW works for me because if you have a gain then they dont make you feel bad about it.Personally taking the guilt out of the equasion made me much more at ease..now i dont mind how many "false starts" that i have, i simply dust my self down and start again!

Best peice of slimming world advice so far..."dont let a bad day turn in to a bad week"

Good luck all x

nikkita said:
I think that SW works for me because if you have a gain then they dont make you feel bad about it.Personally taking the guilt out of the equasion made me much more at ease..now i dont mind how many "false starts" that i have, i simply dust my self down and start again!

Best peice of slimming world advice so far..."dont let a bad day turn in to a bad week"

Good luck all x

I do agree , I love the saying
If you got a flat tyre , you wouldn't get out of the car and shoot the rest , then blow it up !! You'd mend it & drive on ,

Same thing here , if you slip you need to just keep going ! X

Back