why so many negative vibes from people when you anounce that your on the cambride!?.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by positivity, 23 March 2007 Social URL.

1. positivity

positivity Member

why do so many people put such a downer on your positivity when u start a new diet? im feely really up beat and positive! having lost 7 pounds my first week and 3 my second! im met with comments such as it wont last!,it will all go back on when u come off it!,it anyone else having the same problem?,any ideas on how to deal with these negative comments any whitty replies greatly appreciated.!
    Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chaadan

chaadan Full Member

Just egnore them all and prove them wrong LET THEM EAT THERE WORDS i say good luck
  4. buncey1971

buncey1971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    My Manager at work is like this, she done Cambridge about 20 yrs ago and put back on all the weight and more so she constantly tells me thats what will happen to me....

I just reply, I am not you and If I dont try I will never know.

She has constantly battled with her weight and I feel there is a bit of jealousy there.

Cant wait till Monday so I can tell her how much Ive lost!!
    Mini likes this.
  5. positivity

positivity Member

thank for that jessy,and isnt it funny that its always an overweight person who makes those kind of comments.janet
  6. chaadan

chaadan Full Member

yeah its called jealousy
  7. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Indeed- I have an overweight member of my team who after some weeks demanded to know what these drinks were I was having (I am on LL)- then proceeded to tell me that I had lost too much weight in such a short time.

Yetserday I said to her- you look like you have lost some weight and she replied 'Yes and without touching a shake- I even still eat cheese sandwiches' to which I replied- well you look great.

She is yet to compliment me at all on my weight loss- mind you its only 2 stone so maybe she hasn't noticed:rolleyes:
    Mini likes this.
  8. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

intuitive eating
    As someone rightly said, it is JEALOUSLY. Because you are doing something positive and they aren't! Truly, ignore them!

Good for you!! Keep going. :D
  9. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    I think sometimes people just don't really think before the speak:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

It can be very difficult at times to just ignore it but it is the best thing to do in the long run and as chaadan said...prove them wrong.:)

Love Mini xxx
  10. positivity

positivity Member

i will do just watch me, it makes me more determined!
  11. charmed.wishes

charmed.wishes Full Member

I would like to say 'take no notice'.. but as a person who never takes onboard her own wisdom I do know how much comments like that can get under your skin..

My neighbour is the first person to comment on my loss so far, so I decided to tell her how I was doing it (havent told anyone but family up unil this point).. but I have sworn her to secrecy as I don't want any of those kinda comments thrown at me..

Keep doing what your doing hunnie, and in no time at all you will make their mouths open and their gobs shut all at the same time!! :D
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.