Step 1 Sole Source Why do people do this?!!

Yeah the other day some one I know said to me. ... oh are you still starving yourself! Bloody cheek! total loss = 34 lbs

That's an old favourite of the CWP haters!!

Going for team lunch tomorrow to celebrate the end of appraisal season... Dreading the sorts of comments I'll no doubt get about not having anything but iced water! I already had "why don't you just have a salad?"

I am halfway in to my 12th and last week of SS. I have been 100% throughout despite various events (birthdays, family celebrations, nights out, takeaways in). Well, except when I licked the lid of baby yoghurt a few times. Oh and licking the knife of a chocolate cheesecake last week. Er....And maybe a scraping from the bowl cake mix.... On 4...no 5 occasions... Oh wait, and I did test a curry paste to check it was hot enough too.....but we are just talking 'licks' not mouthfuls! So anyway, I just want to carry on as planned.

I'm looking forward to eating my SS+ meal (I already know when and what I'm going to have - next Tuesday evening, a spicy spinach omelette. God knows why, I hated omelettes before CWP!) but I want to have that first meal in line with my personal CWP plan.

So I really will just have water tomorrow and I will enjoy every drop, in my current size 12 tailored work dress. And my killer heels :)

I'm also mid way through week 12, and had a helpful 'be careful that you don't pile it all back on once you chill out' from a near stranger. I bit back, explained that I know how to eat properly, thank you. Why the (expletive deleted) do people think anyone wants to hear their brain farts? It must purely be for their own benefit, because surely they can't be fantasising that it benefits me?! Idiotholes. Ahh. All better now.

Hi Chartreuse!

I saw in your stats you started the day before me. (My logic for not starting on Monday 14th was that it was my daughters first birthday, so I went for Tuesday 15th instead!) How have you found this last 12 weeks? I have loved it and of course the amazing results! I am slightly worried about moving up the steps, but my whole attitude and relationship with food seems to have changed. And I am a total convert to water, addicted to it!! I could be a mermaid! (albeit a mermaid with stretch marks!) x

If you have a tip for how to start enjoying water I'd love you to pass it on. I really struggle, I've tried flavouring it and spacing it out during the day but nothing really helps me. I find it a real chore.

Anne. Xx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi cwp, I count that as my start date as that's when I got weighed, but I didn't start properly until the Tuesday, so we're diet twins. Except I have a stack more to go, so I'll be on SS again.

I'm like you with water, hated it and now love it and can't imagine going back to not having it. I've found the plan a bumpy emotional journey, with highs (the losses, how easy I've found it to follow) and lows (water retention and oh my poor breasts!).

Still, this week is good as informally I'm now 50lbs down with 50 to go. Milestone! Best of luck with the steps and keep us informed how that goes, I imagine for me that'll be the real challenge, steps and maintenance. x

Why do people think they can have an opinion on what you choose to do! Its always from someone that doesnt struggle with their weight so they have no clue! They havent researched the cd and somehow think they are a consultant and know more than u do! Its so annoying! I have stopped telling ppl that im on it now coz it gets me down trying to defend myself and the diet! Week one weigh in on sarurday, cnt wait! Eeekkk xx

If you have a tip for how to start enjoying water I'd love you to pass it on. I really struggle, I've tried flavouring it and spacing it out during the day but nothing really helps me. I find it a real chore. Anne. Xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi Anne!

I'm sorry I don't think I have any special tips for water enjoyment. It just sort of came naturally to me after a week or two. Bearing in mind, I hardly used to drink water before cambridge....now I crave it!

It may help to tell you how I go about it? Basically I literally down a pint of water first thing (usually between 5-6am, depending on when my youngest wakes!) and again when everyone else in the house is having breakfast (usually between 7-7.30am). So by the time I've dropped kids off at different childcares and made it to work (8.20am) I've always had 2pints. Those two pints alone changed my world, I'm so much more alert!

I know that before I leave my office I have to have 3 or 4 bottles water evenly spaced through the day. So again, I tend to drink each one pretty quickly, in one hit if possible. Not the most ladylike/graceful!!

By the time I get home with kids (6-6.30pm) I'm desperate for a drink so will have another pint or two before 7pm. I don't like drinking it beyond 7pm otherwise I wake 23 times in the night to pee!

So ultimately, I think drink the water quick, don't sit and agonise over drinking each glass. It has to be done - so get it done! That's my approach!

Xx

I've found the plan a bumpy emotional journey, with highs (the losses, how easy I've found it to follow) and lows (water retention and oh my poor breasts!).

Haha!! I share your sadness with boob loss. Typically it's where I have lost the most cm.... 18cm lost round my bust! It's really ramped up my boob envy. I even emailed a few places about breast augmentations the other day. My husband cracked up when an email all about the procedure and costs pinged through to my phone! ;-)

Why do people think they can have an opinion on what you choose to do! Its always from someone that doesnt struggle with their weight so they have no clue! They havent researched the cd and somehow think they are a consultant and know more than u do! Its so annoying! I have stopped telling ppl that im on it now coz it gets me down trying to defend myself and the diet! Week one weigh in on sarurday, cnt wait! Eeekkk xx

Good luck bec! Let us know how your first weigh in goes tomorrow won't you?!! X

Back