Step 1 Sole Source Why do people do this?!!

I tried to reply to say my colleague had been negative but apparently my post went in to moderation. Brand new here so not sure if that's standard or if I triggered it somehow? Sorry to go off topic. Anyway was trying to say thanks for starting this thread OP and some good responses here to aim at the naysayers.

Why do people do this?

Because, if you excuse my language, they are arseholes who don't know any better.

"Just go for a run" some bright spark said to me today.

"Yes, very f***ing good" I thought. I played professional and semi professional sport for 16 years, then put on close to 3 stone. "You try going for a run with an extra 21 bags of sugar attached to you, see how you like it. A***hole."

Fortunately I merely smiled :)

Lizz can you come to my office next week? Every time someone says something stupid I'll direct then your way!!!

I am known at work for my no nonsense no bullsh*t approach.

I had one bloke at the depot tell me I should join their diet club as I was a fatty (size 14 I should note). Last time I saw him he was shovelling biscuits in his mouth and I was drinking a shake. I'll have the last laugh.

Because, if you excuse my language, they are arseholes who don't know any better. "Just go for a run" some bright spark said to me today. "Yes, very f***ing good" I thought. I played professional and semi professional sport for 16 years, then put on close to 3 stone. "You try going for a run with an extra 21 bags of sugar attached to you, see how you like it. A***hole." Fortunately I merely smiled :)

I get this too! "Just go to the gym and eat better"

I have an addiction to food. To anything else I'd have to go cold turkey but I need food to live so can't give it up totally.

And the gym I love, but try fitting the gym into a routine when I work a 55 hour week and I'm a single mom with sole custody! It's frowned upon if I leave her in bed while I go to a spin class!!

I tend to find that all the "hard bodies" I know have husbands to support their little fitness regimes (kind of like housewives of Orange County). I don't. So I do cambridge because it suits my lifestyle!

There will always be someone. This is why I focus on me now and shut out all their noise

Quite right Liz. Spot on.

I own my own company and have 4 kids, 3 of them under 5. "Just go for a run" said the fella with no kids :)

Actually glad it's not just me that endures all this crap lol

I've told a few close friends and my work colleges (I have to have my breaks in the staff room so kind of unavoidable) but I haven't told any of my family because last time they just judged and tried to sabotage me with dinner invites all the time, or whenever I was there they'd offer round food with the oldie but goodie "one won't hurt" and then of course there's the classic "You'll pile it all back on" so just keeping them out of it this time :) xx

I love this thread!!! It's so true how negative ppl are about it... From now I'm everyone that says something negative I'm just going to tell then to eat a muffin everyday, get fat and then come back to me. Ppl that Have always been "normal" size just don't understand!!!

Total loss = 26lbs

Had a fantastic one yesterday at work! 8am and I'm having my morning shake when one of my work colleagues (not a size zero herself might I add!) comes in and starts telling the other people I work with how I was bound to develop an eating disorder, would put it all back on, am jeopardising my health etc. luckily the others told her to stop being so crabby and leave me to make my own choices.
3pm I'm having my soup and she comes up to me in the kitchen and asking for my CDC contact details and what the plan actually entails. Turns out she's not such a know it all!

Haha that's the thing if they actually had two brain cells to look it yo they would realise it's not that bad afterall

Total loss = 26lbs

Oh I've had that today "oh Lizz that's not healthy"

Er....shut up....it's healthier than being overweight you silly cow! lol

People telling you to "stop now" or "you're fine now, no more surely?"

Then I point out that I am still in the 'overweight' category on the NHS bmi calculator, doesn't seem to dampen there new found enthusiasm for cambridge hating.

And it really blows their minds when I say if I lose another stone I'll be in a healthy bmi range, but I'm aiming to lose another 2-3 stone so I'm at the lower end of the healthy bmi range. I was actually questioned after this whether I had an eating disorder ?!!!

I am proud of how much weight am losing, but I find myself saying I've lost far less now, as people seen more comfortable with that!!

Keep being proud! They don't comment when you're not being healthy and putting on weight so they can't comment in the other direction lol

Current loss: 25lbs and 18.5inches

I am proud of how much weight am losing, but I find myself saying I've lost far less now, as people seen more comfortable with that!!

You could always change tact.

Tell them to fook off, that it's your body and you want to be happy. Also tell them you can change your body, but they'll struggle to change their ugly bleddin' face.

My bets is it's the last you'll hear of it :)

I got the whole, 'you look fine nothing wrong with you' blah blah blah oh and the whole, 'aren't you proud that you have brought children into the world some are not so lucky! I think it's ungrateful to hate your body after children look at what you created!'

Yes I gaze over lovingly at my five young children including twins (at one point they were all 4 and under) while one is pulling another's hair, another crying, another picking his nose and think yes thank you little people for leaving mummy fat and saggy lol

Some folk are idiots x

I am convinced that there is a pact among my circle of friends to keep me fat. Not one of them is over a size 12, and then there's me. I am the proverbial fat friend. I am constantly told "you're fine", "you dress really well", "you're funny/smart/loyal/compassionate/loving" etc etc. But they just don't get it. I want to enjoy joining in. I want to go clothes shopping with them without having to reach to the back of the rail to see what the largest size is. I'm fed up of being the fat friend so I'm starting to do something about it. I haven't told any of them and I'm planning on keeping it that way. We have a three day girlie break every year in October, and this year I'm planning on looking and feeling fab.

I'm the same Anne. .. ppl want me to stay the way I am for some reason. It's too unhealthy to do Cambridge apparently

total loss = 31 lbs

I had to sit at work last night and listen to three grown women literally tear shreds off Denise Welch whilst reading an article about her losing weight on lighter life. Everything from her being stupid, to lazy for not doing it the 'proper' way, to being a disgrace on national television and a poor role model for other women.
I am ashamed to admit that I sat in silence. Is it just that they don't like us fatties shedding the lbs or is it the concept of the diet that they don't approve of? No wonder I come on this site so much, it's full of normal people!

Yeah the other day some one I know said to me. ... oh are you still starving yourself! Bloody cheek!

total loss = 34 lbs

Back