why so many negative vibes from people when you anounce that your on the cambride!?.

why do so many people put such a downer on your positivity when u start a new diet? im feely really up beat and positive! having lost 7 pounds my first week and 3 my second! im met with comments such as it wont last!,it will all go back on when u come off it!,it anyone else having the same problem?,any ideas on how to deal with these negative comments any whitty replies greatly appreciated.!

My Manager at work is like this, she done Cambridge about 20 yrs ago and put back on all the weight and more so she constantly tells me thats what will happen to me....

I just reply, I am not you and If I dont try I will never know.

She has constantly battled with her weight and I feel there is a bit of jealousy there.

Cant wait till Monday so I can tell her how much Ive lost!!

Indeed- I have an overweight member of my team who after some weeks demanded to know what these drinks were I was having (I am on LL)- then proceeded to tell me that I had lost too much weight in such a short time.

Yetserday I said to her- you look like you have lost some weight and she replied 'Yes and without touching a shake- I even still eat cheese sandwiches' to which I replied- well you look great.

She is yet to compliment me at all on my weight loss- mind you its only 2 stone so maybe she hasn't noticed:rolleyes:
Kx

why do so many people put such a downer on your positivity when u start a new diet? im feely really up beat and positive! having lost 7 pounds my first week and 3 my second! im met with comments such as it wont last!,it will all go back on when u come off it!,it anyone else having the same problem?,any ideas on how to deal with these negative comments any whitty replies greatly appreciated.!

I think sometimes people just don't really think before the speak:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

It can be very difficult at times to just ignore it but it is the best thing to do in the long run and as chaadan said...prove them wrong.:)

Love Mini xxx

I would like to say 'take no notice'.. but as a person who never takes onboard her own wisdom I do know how much comments like that can get under your skin..

My neighbour is the first person to comment on my loss so far, so I decided to tell her how I was doing it (havent told anyone but family up unil this point).. but I have sworn her to secrecy as I don't want any of those kinda comments thrown at me..

Keep doing what your doing hunnie, and in no time at all you will make their mouths open and their gobs shut all at the same time!! :D

Back