~ Why the tired feeling?

PennyJane

Can anyone explain why if I am in ketosis I feel so tired? I've been ravenous today also. I'm not even sure that I'm losing weight anymore... is this a normal feeling?

Hugs to all xx

Can anyone explain why if I am in ketosis I feel so tired? I've been ravenous today also. I'm not even sure that I'm losing weight anymore... is this a normal feeling?

Hugs to all xx

sounds strange to me - on 2 fronts :

1. when in ketosis, you shouldn't feel physically hungry.......
2. ketosis usually gives a feeling of increased energy....

hav you tested for ketosis ??

Debz x

Have done the test most mornings and have never got more than faible but now it's at the weakest level.

What can kick you out of ketosis?? I've not eaten anything I shouldn't have. Ok today I did but that's because I've felt so hungry and even then I only had protein and didn't majorly indulge.

Hi
I think you answered your own question. I was certainly led to believe that anything at all can knock you out of Ketosis. Apparently some people can manage eating a bit of very lean protein but for others even citric acid in a sugar free squash would knock you out of Ketosis.
I have been quite fearful of this as I know it is so much easier in Ketosis that I've been using this as my motivation to be 100%.
Hopefully you'll be back on track soon.

Once I got into bed last night I decided to think of all that I'd done yesterday, and on reflection I realise why I was so tired.

I got up, cycled the girls to school. Went to the hairdresser's. Met a friend in town, walked for about 40 mins. Drove to pick my O/H from town, walked round for a while. Collected a friend's child from school, drove to another and collected another child. Met my girls at home and prepared party food. All children came and I then took them Do-nutting. Drove them all back after an hour and started the disco. Put DVD on and I crawled to bed.

I'd be exhausted after that little lot too! ;)
I have been more tired the last couple of days though. I couldn't stop thinking about food for about 3 hours last night either but recognise that I wasn't physically hungry and that it was just because dh is away this weekend and I wanted to comfort my lonely little self with something to eat. Fortunately, I resisted and went to bed early :)
I know I work in reception class at school and pretty much never sit down between 0845 and 1515 but I have felt more tired. Despite drinking 3-4 litres of water a day my ketosix are showing 0.4 and are in the mid-darker pinks which can suggest being dehydrated. SO, I was thinking that this warmer weather is a factor. Have decided I must make sure I have 4 litres as a minimum from now on :)
Maybe you should take it a bit easier today ;)

I got up, cycled the girls to school. Went to the hairdresser's. Met a friend in town, walked for about 40 mins. Drove to pick my O/H from town, walked round for a while. Collected a friend's child from school, drove to another and collected another child. Met my girls at home and prepared party food. All children came and I then took them Do-nutting. Drove them all back after an hour and started the disco. Put DVD on and I crawled to bed.

that makes me tired just reading it ;)
Hope you take it easy today, and have more energy, and that there wasn't too much of a mess for you to clean up after the party

Hugs to all xx

Energy: Some people don't get the rush of energy or the euphoric, high feeling that others do. I tended to be quite tired in ketosis, but not all the time and it certainly improved after a couple of weeks

Hunger:
Ketosis really helps but I think most people get bad days where they feel hungry :(
Apparently some people can manage eating a bit of very lean protein but for others even citric acid in a sugar free squash would knock you out of Ketosis.

Lean protein shouldn't bring you out of ketosis, if that's all it is. I've never heard of that ever happening and there really is no physiological reason for it to happen. Citric acid can and frequently does as it upsets the Kreb cycle.

Ketostix:
Mine never showed a positive even though I was definitely in ketosis. Ketosis happens in the blood and will only show on the stix if there is an overflow into the urine.

Weight: You will lose fat whether you are in ketosis or not and the calorie level of Cambridge means you can't help but lose fat. Of course...scales being scales will add on bits for water which varies.

You've been busy. Not sure if you are SS or SS+??? If you are on SS, you might be better to go up to SS+ if you are rushing around a lot. Hang in there :hug99:

Thanks KD - I'm doing ss+. Funny how at some points I get a burst of energy but most of the time I just feel knackered and feel very sleepy a lot too. Strange, could this happen to some people too, rather than this euphoric state? Perhaps the euphoric state may come later to some?

Are you having 3 or 4 shakes a day?
your quite close to the 5,8(where you should have 4 a day), maybe you could try having an extra shake on your busy day. x

WEll yesterday I spent the day in the garden pulling weeds, and then a trip to B&Q and then a final trip to the dump. I felt dizzy all day and just lacking energy.

I've tried getting hold of my CDc as I really need some advice from her. Yesterday I had a handful of raisins and I felt better instantly and then another handful later on. Woke up this morning and ketostix tell me that I am no longer in ketosis.

I am wondering if I need to do SS in order to get into proper ketosis rather than hanging on the edge of it and feeling crap???

I really need some help with this otherwise I am worried I'll just give up, not totally, but on CD.

Definately speak to your CDC, I have been having days like yesturday i woke up with loads of energy I even did a work out!! But then today ive woke up with a banging headache and feel quite rough. I think to be honest being on roughly 500cals a day has a part to play if youve got a busy day and your rushing around all over doing gardening your going to be nackerd by the end of the day. But always try drink more water just to make sure its not because your dehydrated xxx

Thanks Amanda, trouble is that i like to be active, even when I am ill I struggle to sit down and do nothing.

I feel good today, so far, so good!

OK had yet another busy day but have drunk more water. I spoke with my CDc and she has adviced me to perhaps eat a little more of what we are allowed on the White/Green lunch, and try to stretch it out during the day. I'm not going to break my neck over this, I know that the calories I am consuming HAS to help me lose weight. I'd rather give in a little and have more of what we are allowed rather than feel ill and give in altogether! Makes sense?

OK had yet another busy day but have drunk more water. I spoke with my CDc and she has adviced me to perhaps eat a little more of what we are allowed on the White/Green lunch, and try to stretch it out during the day. I'm not going to break my neck over this, I know that the calories I am consuming HAS to help me lose weight. I'd rather give in a little and have more of what we are allowed rather than feel ill and give in altogether! Makes sense?

I think you are right. As long as your CDC is aware of how you feel, do what is right for you. I believe those ketostix are not always accurate so try not to worry too much. Even people on Atkins are allowed protiens and greens and they are supposed to be in ketosis, so dont think you would come out of it for that. (But the raisins will probably bring you out). You are a busy lady, you are bound to have days where you feel weaker or hungrier.I am always ravinous during TOTM(with 100% no cheating) but I dont think I go out of ketosis . It passes.Do your best to beat it, but do what is right for you too. Like KD said, you are bound to lose coz of the VLCD.

Thanks Amanda, trouble is that i like to be active, even when I am ill I struggle to sit down and do nothing.

I feel good today, so far, so good!

Why not take up a craft then? Try knitting or something similar?

I'm the same, my "engines always running" as they say and after working 2-3 jobs for years I really had a hard time relaxing.

Now its not so bad but its after a few hours (watching a film etc) I have to get up and do something around the house.

Back