why wraps??

graciebaby87

ive seen a few posts about wraps and im not sure if its something im missing but people have said they are not a HEB but no one has said why? so why are they not a HEB? because i thought a wrap was just a healthier version of bread so could probably just be substituted. am i wrong there?

i hate using syns, but wraps are so convenient. its a bit of a bummer :( hmph.

on the upside, i purchased the 2012 food directory yesterday morning at weigh in. my god, that book is just amazing.

hi, have you found out why you can not have wraps as a healthy option?
seems strange. how many syns are they?
sarah

Sexysal said:
hi, have you found out why you can not have wraps as a healthy option?
seems strange. how many syns are they?
sarah

It's due to fibre content. You can work out the syns using 1syn for every 20 cals. I think the ww ones are the best value for syns :)

graciebaby87 said:
Ok. So what about pitta breads? And does a HEB need to have a high fibre content then?

Certain pitta breads qualify-coop and asda
That is the whole purpose of your HEb-it's to ensure you get enough fibre in your diet(and protein on green days)

Welshtigger said:
It's due to fibre content. You can work out the syns using 1syn for every 20 cals. I think the ww ones are the best value for syns :)

The WW ones are 5 syns which I think is worth it :) you could always make the mung bean wraps ... Of course there is the food abuse debate on that one although I only eat them part of a main meal and sw never did get back on it!

But yes the WW ones are nice :)

I heard Asda ones are no longer HEB and that the website just hasnt been updated yet.

The website has been updated, it;s now the flame-baked ASDA one that is a HEXB. Plus the Co-op one still.

The website isn't full updated yet - it's not showing the WW petit pain yet and there are quite a few other things in the Free Branded Book 2012 that are not appearing online yet. Strangely there is no mention of the asda pitta bread in the book :(

The website isn't full updated yet - it's not showing the WW petit pain yet and there are quite a few other things in the Free Branded Book 2012 that are not appearing online yet. Strangely there is no mention of the asda pitta bread in the book :(

really? i need to read more and not just skim through, ive not come across any wraps yet. i need to be more observant i think.

cheers guys. :)

Back