WI #12 and we're dropping like flies...

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
Okay so I weighed in today and found I'd lost 3.2lb which made me happy :) It means I've smashed my goal for the September Challenge and almost made my goal for my holiday - got about 2lb to lose between now and Monday though I won't get weighed on Monday as I'll be flying to Gibraltar lol.

On a not so fun note... we're all dropping like flies this week!

I was putting in my debit card to pay for my supply of LT and suddenly thought 'oh feck'. Keyed in my pin number blindly as I suddenly lost my vision and stumbled to a nearby chair, noting that everyone seemed to be really far away - my hearing was going as well.

I just couldn't believe that this happened in the pharmacy of all places!! I knew it was happening as I recognised the feeling - it's happened to me several times before (pre-LT) and I went to a neurologist but she said it was 'normal'. Whatever.

Long story short my grandmother had to come and get us as I obviously couldn't drive. We got to her house and Medea tested my bp with a handly little machine my nan had stored upstairs. It registered sky-high so I got an appointment for my doc tomorrow morning. I have a feeling she's not going to be pleased... this has happened to me before but it's happened 3 times in the last month which is more frequent than ever.

It's not quite passing out as I always manage to sit myself down but it's a case of if I don't sit down I'm gonna come crashing down regardless.

It's an absolutely awful feeling but I get over it pretty quickly normally. This time it took a lot longer to get over - I thought I was okay at one point and stood up only to lose my sight again. Scary stuff.

Tested my bp again this evening and it was normal but keeping my appointment with the doc anyway. It might be a sign that I truly need to use my holiday to Gib as a break from TFR. Not happy with that but this is happening too often now. Not mentioned it before as I hate to whinge but you know...

Anyway, enough doom and gloom. Happy with my weigh in and I'll let you know what my doctor lady says in the morning.

~Gem xx

Take care of yourself and I hope it all settles down very soon.

Congrats on your weight loss and have a fab holiday

with love Julie

Good luck at the Docs!

Your BP was high prob coz you were stressed hun, dont worry.

Had you had enough shakes and water? And have you been tested for diabetes?

Keep safe xxx

I hadn't had my shake or water by then because I always weigh in empty. And we weighed earlier than usual today too... I only drank about a litre of water yesterday and another litre extra in my shakes but then we're supposed to have 2 litres a day anyway...

Nope, never been tested for diabetes... got me thinking (and a bit worried lol) now as my father has very slight diabetes and my grandmother has type 2 diabetes.

Hospital woman said it was getting up too quick but almost every time it's happened I've been stood up for a decent enough amount of time for that not to be the cause. It's just scary and annoying :(

Its just because you said its happened before LT so I was thinking maybe there was a different reason. It was probably down to low blood sugar (the loss of vision is a giveaway) and dehydration.

I always used to weigh in dry and I cant this time...gutted.

Im terrified about the fainting now, its happened to loads of people on here *gulps*

You better text me in the morning missis or there will be spankings in work! :D

As Gem was having her episode at the chemist, I did discuss low blood sugars and the like with the pharmacist and explained that we don't have our 'breakfast' until much later due to the hours that we work (14-22:00) so therefore, having a shake before WI would mean that we wouldn't have anything other than water for around 9 hrs if we had breakfast at a reasonable 8am. He seemed satisfied with that.

Good luck in the morning hun xxx

Plus Gem probably doesn't get out of bed at that time of day!! :D

Unless she's been taking that there ducolax!

Hehehe xx

I'm not a doctor but my brother had something similar... sort of like vertigo, he got diagnosed with menieres disease which sounds serious but it's really just naming the symptoms... have a look on google and see if it matches. I think they can give you medication but it can also just be a phase that passes.

well done and good luck, maybe try maintainance for a while if doc makes you come off, and keep carbs low. I am thinking of coming off tfr when my bmi is about 23-24 and losing the last 8-10 lbs on maintenaince. a) for sense of control and b) bored with not eating!!

hope all goes well.

xx

awww hon I am so sorry this has happened to you! Well done with the weight loss this week and good luck at the docs, hope you're feeling better again soon xxx

well done with ur WI, hope u feel better soon :)

I've had similar experiences but only since being on LT. Each time was after exercise or a sauna though so I attributed it to dehydration. I guess we've gotta be careful as our bodies are functioning on the minimum intact of calories (i.e. energy!) Good luck and enjoy your hols!

well done on the weight loss and hope you feel better soon x

geez girl, take care of yourself! and health first eh?

It sounds awful! Happy for your loss but concerned at your health here. Thats not good! Do take it easy and let us know how it goes won't you? Scary stuff!

Back