WI In the morning but...

Erised

Should I switch to WS? I just can't make my mind up. I just feel like part of my journey needs to be re-educatiknof food choices- I know this is a huge problem for me evaluate I'm still thinking about crap food all the time. There are many people who are on TS for second or third time and I can't help but think maybe it is to do with being thrust from total deprivation into food again. I promised myself TS for a week- which weighs in tomorrow but do torn about what to do. Arrrrggghhhh!

Hello firstly well done for doing TS for a week. I empathise because I was in a similar situation when I started. I did TS for a week but found it difficult then switched to WS. Ppl on WS r def in the minority here. My experience is that u still need to be deciplined as if u eat badly the weight won't shift. I lost 3 stone in 4 months. The last stone took its sweet time coming off. But it's done and I have started to maintain with 2 products a day, with more calories and some exercise. I am very weary of putting the weight on again and I think & hope WS will have set me up for maintaining. Dunno if that will help but good luck with ur decision I am sure u will make the right one for you. Take care

That has really helped. Thank you so much. I don't suppose you could outline your weekly losses? I feel it could really help me make up my mind. I only have 2st (only lol-thats like a whole 2 year old) to lose and would like it sooner rather than later but I want to do the best method for the best longevity!! If I did WS I would only have two packs and a meal- not three!! X

Hello, i knew u would ask about wkly weigh ins :) unfortunately i am an ad hoc weigher...not very helpful i know (sorry) all i lnow was that 11lbs came off in the first 2 weeks( a TS and WS week each) i lost 2 stone im 2 months. As i said before the last stone took 2 months:( i think most ppl find it the same but i persevered. I can't advocate that u use 2 products a day as we r meant to use 3...for the vitamins and minerals & all that stuff. But like most on here I use my fitness pal and still do, almost obsessively to check my carb intake and ensure my added meals r protein rich. I kept my calorie intake to 1000 cals a day and have now upped to 1400 cals soon to be 1600 cals in a couple of weeks.

If u r still weary though and u want a solid consistency to ur meals slim and save seems to produce good losses from what I have read on here and meals are apparently tasty. See how you go.

It's not an exact science, I am very happy with my exante journey slower than others on just pure TS but I wasn't in a rush and I did it in a way that has suited me. I always say i applaud anyone that has done TS all the way. Good luck once again.

Hi

I've kind of done WS I guess for the same reasons you mentioned and its helped as I've never felt deprived. I've eaten from the beginning and averaged out at 3lb weightloss a week and I had a little more than you to lose (2.5st). I'm nearly at goal and its taken me 8wks so I don't think it massively changes although I don't get the 4-5lb losses like some, I'm happy knowing I'm eating and its coming off slower. Some days I eat just the 3 packs and some meat/eggs and others proper meals and 2 shakes? I just do it to suit me that day really!

I too take my hat off to the TS guys, I just know that for me it turns me a bit obssesive about food when I did LL a few years ago so this seems much more relaxed and easy for me. x

Thanks! I think I know it's the right thing for me really, I just feel a failure. But I suppose I've done the TS week I promised myself. X

Hi. I did TS for 2 full weeks and lost 11lb. Been on WS now for three weeks and its a much slower loss. 5lbs in three weeks and I'm religiously sticking to it (1000 cals). It was very strange but when I first switched I stayed at 13 stone for nearly two weeks. It was driving me insane as i felt like i was barely eating. Then in the past week (doing nothing differently) I've gone down to 12.9. It was quite disheartening after losing nearly a pound a day on TS, but TS is just too restrictive (I still try to do it once a week though). I'm happy averaging a stone every two months as I feel like I'm learning a lot from fitness pal when logging food.

Thanks for your feedback- that does seem strange i agree. I have done LL lite before and was at my target of 18lbs in 5 weeks. I must admit I didn't have all packs- just two and a meal an that is what I will do on this. The packs are the worst part for me- not the hunger!

I don't know if its relevant or just one of those things (my body likes to play games with me!) but I did a WS week but didn't read up properly and only has two sachets and a very low carb, low fat meal - and I didn't lose anything that week - I wonder if the lack of the third sachet made my daily intake just too low for my body to cope? We've all heard of starvation mode, I'm not entirely convinced about that, but Tues I weigh in again after a week of three sachets so it'll be interesting to see how the weight loss goes.

Back