wi thrusday and cant believe my scales

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

I have really given my all and hand on heart done extra easy 100% which im very proud of cos i have eaten muller lights ( never liked yoghurts) but does take me a while to eat a tub and also hi fi bars and alpen bars which is a defo no no in past.

What im upset about is the fact i still weigh the same or put 1-2 lbs on when i go on my scales and im honestly thought if do this correctly have syns and a and b and i no on thursday its gonna be sts or a gain like last time when i did it for 2 weeks i just feel thinking ive done this hard work for a whole week had headaches etc etc for nothing.

Anyone else get like this

sorry for moan btw

Hi Jacqui! I know exactly how your feeling, I really tried hard this week - Haven't drunk any alcohol, no treats!nothing! Walked the dogs come rain or shine and half a pound came off :(! but I can feel it's more and thats all that matters to me really! can you feel the difference in your clothes?? I know how hard it is to stay motivated and part of me really wanted to give in to a serious chocolate binge but I know that if I keep up the good work then it'll show on the scales next week and so will yours! :)

Warning- Scales lie, stay away from them untill your WI!!

dont fret if youv stuck 100% and done it all right then theres no way you could have not lost or seen a result. Dont get down.. keep the good work up and wait till thursday. Il eat my hat if im wrong!*

*hugs* Stay focused LOts of love and positive thoughts ur way xxxx

* i dont have a hat, but i'l feel really bad, promise! LOL

Fern has given you good advice - don't weigh before your WI, I have put my scales away until WI day and I had a lovely surprise last week when I lost 3lbs, if you weigh in the middle of your dieting week and you haven't lost you can get despondent about it and start falling off the diet - please put your scales away until you WI, good luck to you.

Is it your star week? Keeping my fingers crossed for thursday for you! xxxx

Is it your star week? Keeping my fingers crossed for thursday for you! xxxx

Nah it isnt but i think every week is star week for me hehehe but im on the depo injection, but i cant help it im on them every day every toilet visit to make sure i am doing good

HELP IM A SCALEAHOLIC :sigh: :eek:

*slap*

Stop scaleaholic, stop while you can still save yourself!

break em, chuck em out.. gift them to someone.. honestly. it will be the best thing youl ever do for yourself..

il never forget thinking i'd lost 4 pounds and getting to WI and sts, .. and the one week thinking i'd gained 6 and lost 1!

decided from that mo, that they'd be in the attack and stay there.. and they have. Best decsion i ever made!. you'd soon think twice about paying the machine at boots to weigh u when ur desperate than having them easily accessable at home. You'l soon be only weighin in at sw, and realising how much better it is for u!

well according to my scales this week I'd put on 2lbs... I went to WI and had lost 2.5! So goes to show eh...

Why are you eating yoghurts if you don't like them?

Why are you eating yoghurts if you don't like them?[/QUOTE]

Hi all my life never had and when i tried it was the sourness and texture i didnt like but my mum got some with chocolate bits in and someone on here mention freezing em and omg took me over hour to suck it cos was totally frozen and tonight had one straight from fridge and ate it all so its not to bad now and starting to like different foods now like diet pepsi ad diet coke never did, funny hey

I would agree with Fern on that one... don't WI on your scales at home they will give you a nighmare of a time. They are often up to 4lb difference , depends on the time you have weigh yourself, and on what type of surface. The scales you should you be the SW ones , and do it at the classes. There are so many threads with the same tune on here. The problem is the distress it causes untold problems and comfort eating usually occures soon after... So no don't do it . I would not be suprised if to get a loss at the class, my fingers are crossed for you. Well done for sticking to the plan 100% as you say !!

Phil x

meh... i love my scales. they might be mean to me sometimes, but i'd be lost without them :p lol. i weigh every time i go to the loo - sometimes even do a 'before' and 'after'! haha :D

plus my wii fit has a hissy fit if i don't weigh in every day! so there's my excuse hehe ;)

Good advice has been given as always. Weighing every day isn't good for your mentality. Phil's right; different clothes, surface, time of day, time of month; different scales. I used to weigh everyday to see a change, but now I find only doing it once a week is part of the reward when I loose and easier to pinpoint the mistakes when I gain.

Keep track of your measurements as well, that way if you do have a gain you can see if you have lost inches.

Besides, there could be 101 reasons why the scales don't show your hard work, step back and run away!

Natt xxx

Definitely stay off the scales. I dont have any in my house and only wi once a week at my mums and do it the same time of day with the scales in the same spot.

Dont let a slight gain before wi put you off, I sometimes find if I do have a Sun night wi that Im showing a gain of 2 - 3lbs which are gone by the morning.

If youre going to be tempted by your scales and affected by what they say - get shot of them :)

Back