WI week 8, small loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sunflowers, 26 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

I've "only" lost 2.5lbs this week.. I've put it in "" as I know that it's still a good loss by most diets and I fully recognise that I've lost over 3 stone in those 8 weeks.. I don't know why though - does it just happen? I also poas last night and there were no ketones in my wee.. I did another one this morning and there was still only a trace of ketones. Is it more likely that I was just drinking enough to dilute down the ketones?

Fingers crossed I'll get a better loss next week, I only have 2 weeks left on SS+ and then it's 2 weeks on 810 - I'd desperately love to see 11stone something by the time I move up to the 1000 plan so need to lose over 10.5lbs over the next 4 weeks to do that! Up until now I'd lost an average of 4.5lbs a week so 2.5 is just a bit of a surprise!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs Scoffalot

Mrs Scoffalot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well done on your loss, I know what you mean by only "2.5lb" I have had a few weeks with only losing that and to be honest it feels like a kick in the teeth for the efforts you put in. It's great that you have looked at the bigger picture as it makes more sense to see how far you have come.

You are doing really well chick, keep it up. XXXX

4. Lizzylocket

Lizzylocket Winning a losing battle!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(17.17%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    It's probably your body needing time to adjust, you've had amazing losses and I guess it needs to slow at some point.

I've "only" lost 1lb this week which to be honest I am disappointed with as I've been 100% SS, but, looking at the bigger picture, I've lost over 5 stone.

I'm pretty sure you'll be in the 11's before you start moving up the plans - good luck!!

5. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    You have done soooooooo well.......2.5lbs is still alot of weight to lose just under 1/2 pound a day!

6. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    Hey Sunflowers.... Don't beat yourself up ... you're doing the diet 100% and that's all you can ask for, and, as has already been said.... 2.5lb is still a good weight loss, remember the aim is a a stone per month... it's spread over a month for a reason, because weekly losses fluctuate!

Your body will do what it will do, it may be helpful to read KD's post here:
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/61295-measuring-success-scales.html

It just puts a bit perspective on it!

Keep going, you're going great!

7. Sunflowers

Sunflowers Wants to be a yummy mummy

Thank you all!

I do look at the bigger picture, it's more helpful in some ways than looking just at one week - especially when I think I've gone down 3 dress sizes too, it's all good! Plus my new work uniforms were snug when I started wearing them a week ago but they've definitely been looser tonight which is all good - those 2.5lbs must have come off my top half only.. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.