Wider than before.....

gottadoit

Hi everyone,

This may sound strange but I've been on ss for 18 days and my weight is now the same as it was when I first started CD 4 years ago but, I'm so much wider now than before when I've compared photos

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there something scientific like fat cells multiply or something?

Trace xxxx

I don't know the answer but am sure it's possible as I am bigger than I used to be when I weighed this in the past x

its all about weight distribution !! when we loose a lot of weight ... it goes from certain places first and everyone is different ,.... and when you gain again it doesnt always go back in the same place .. so you may be wider but have thinner legs , or smaller boobs ..... it is a shame we cannot choose where the weight goes on and off .. ( I wish my boobs didnt totally disappear when I loose weight , and I wish my top 'tyre ' ( under my boobs ) didnt return first before my boobs !!!

It could be because your body composition is different??? When you lose weight the first time you would have lost some muscle mass, so unless you did exercise and training to rebuild muscle mass you could be carrying extra fat which weighs less than muscle, so you could have been heavier and leaner before because of extra muscle and lean tissue you was carrying than now?? if that makes any sense??? I did cambridge for 3 months and went down from 19stone4 to 16stone12, I came off and starting two personal training sessions a week plus two times at the gym on my own, eating 1500cals a day, my weight is only down 3lbs five weeks on but I have lost inches and feel thinner and toned. I couldnt have gone to exercise when i was 19stone 4 as the weight hurt my knee's but when that pain went due to the weightloss achieved on cambridge i was able to tackle the gym, my ultimate goal is to get running but I am not at that stage yet?? I hope this helps anyway to explain why you could be wider than before??

I restarted CD last week, my hips and waist are both an inch more than the last time l was this weight.

All I know is that everytime you diet you lose some lean tissue, unless you build up that lean tissue through exercise you dont get it back, so when you reach goal and go onto maintenance you may want to think about uping your exercise to build muscle again. Its not advisable to do alot of training whilst under 1200cals as this could do more damage than good, obviously gentle exercise is ok.

Back