Wii advice

Hannah2

OK, as someone who is not ready to go to a gym but needs to exercise (and hates it :sign0137:) I have decided to invest in a Wii and balance board. I took the plunge on Saturday and spent the evening playing with "just dance". i have yet to sort out the wii board but will get onto that tonight.

What I wanted help with was to ask advice on what people use as batteries, both in the remote and in the wii fit?

Do you use normal rechargeable batteries and recharge them yourself? or have you purchased a recharging stand for the remotes/ rechargeable battery pack for the wii fit?

If you have bought something, would you recommend it? What make was it?

Hope that is ok. Feeling slightly confused as a non gaming novice :eek:

Thanks

H2 x

We have loads of rechargeable AA batteries, (used in many of the kids toys and in our old camera) these work great for us.

We bought one of the charger stands but have rechargables in the balance board.
I love my wii board, I just never use it :-(

I find that normal batteries seem to go quite quickly so am going to start using rechargables me thinks.

Also a bit off-topic - I bought EA Active a couple of weeks ago and had my first work-out yesterday - I thought it was great, and I'm really aching today. So I highly recommend!

I have kids that insist on forgetting to turn the wiimotes off and we can plough through batteries if we dont keep on top of it. You will get a bit longer out of the super strength non-rechargeables than from rechargeables, but will prolly end up better off financially if you go for the rechargeables.

Hi Hannah - my hubby bought one for my birthday last March. We did an hour each a day on Fit Plus (the hula hoop is murder!!) and then more in the evenings playing other games (not every day though). Basically, we use normal batteries and have only changed them once in the balance board & each controller. I do have rechargers etc but haven't bothered using them for the Wii - might do though, but more than likely won't buy the specific charger stand. Have fun :)

Hi All

Thank you for your advice and recommendations! I think for now I will stick with normal batteries and see how I go.

Will also look at EA sports active as an option.

:thankyou:

There's a rechargeable battery pack

iBox - Nintendo Wii Fit Rechargeable Battery Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

If you have your balance board attatched to the wii it charges all the time.

I like EA sports active too, and the biggest loser.
I got that battery pack free when I bought my Wii Fit last year, it works brilliantly and I would highly recommend it as I find my regular batteries run down quickly in the balance board and its cheaper in the long run with a rechargable system otherwise you're just buying batteries every couple of weeks and they aint cheap! :D

Back