Wii Fit - Weigh In Addict!

KatrinaW

Now I think my Wii Fit is amazing for exercise, had it 5 days now and love it! However I do the body test (weight and BMI measurement) daily, if not twice a day!! Now this was good the first day, realised I had lost a lb from the last time I weighed myself, but now I am seeing my weight go up and down daily from 0.5lb to 2lb differences and if I see it has gone up even by 0.5lb I get very annoyed then have to weigh myself again an hour or two later to see if it has changed!! Argh!
Anyone else with Wii Fit do this? I thought I was bad enough before weighing myself every couple of days...but this is insane! :eek:

I play on wii fit twice a day (when I get up in the morning and when I'm back from work), and I go through the body test each time ... I don't reweigh myself if it's gone up though or I'd be there all day ;)

I used to play with the bathroom scales, moving them back and forth, standing differently, and I could get them to go up and down a couple of lbs (cheap scales), but I love the Wii as there's no cheating like that, you have to stand central and tall!

i saw the ad on tv - is it any good ?

I was wondering though if ur jumping around on it would u not break it ?????? I did hear it does Yoga or something like yoga on it.
If I do get one will I get near it to use it - thats my main concern..... boys toys and all that ... not meant for girls apparently !!!!

Haha, my husband takes over ours sometimes! I think it is very good, you don't jump on it!! LOL.
Some of the things (for example jogging) use the remote not the board.
Yes there is yoga, muscle workouts, aerobic exercise (jogging, hula hooping, step aerobics, boxing) and balance exercises (tight rope walking, heading footballs, ski jumps).
If you perform an exercise well or do it a few times you "unlock" new exercises which is a bit of an incentive to keep going, I think oooh another 5 mins and I get to unlock a new exercise/yoga pose to try.
The only downside (on my part anyway) is that the "body test" is a bit addictive and I weigh myself everyday (usually twice) so see my weight go up as well as down over the week...tut tut. LOL.

I really enjoy Wiifit, i originally picked it up for my partner as she thought it would be great but I play it more than her!! I like the muscles exercises although some of the later ones are really ahrd.

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i want one ....

I do the body test every day - just for fun - and this week have had a different weight every day - put on 1lb, lost 3lbs, put on 2lbs etc etc. I don't take much notice as I'm SSing and varying the times of the day when I'm exercising (plus it's TOTM) - but I agree it can be frustrating if you take it too seriously! lol

xxxx

Back