Wii Fit

my OH treated me to a Wii Fit when they first came out to help me exercise as i had a serious ankle injury.

Its the best money he's spent in a long time. Its great.

The hula hooping is fun & you really feel it the next day!!

I don't think you can get bored with it as the more time you spend on it the more exercises are unlocked.

:D

xx

Ah good, thats what Im hoping! Im not good at exercising so Im hoping the fun game bit of it will make me forget it is work lol

It arrived today! Been on it for ages this afternoon, its such fun! Love the hula hooping and step class! Discovered have quite poor balance though lol and my wii age was shameful ;) Can see myself using it everyday, and it is quite hard work although fun!

Yep, I love my Wii Fit too:)

I try to go on it every day. I am pants at the hulla and the ski jump, but loving the stepping, jogging, football heading and slalom ski-ing.

I didn't do any exercise previously. I think it's great that you can do all that in the privacy of your own home:)

You'll find your balance will improve tremendously with regular use.

My balance is pretty appauling and a week ago my wii fit age was 49 :eek: -I'm only 36!!!! :(
However, after a week my wii fit age was 29 this morning! :happy036:

My Wii age went down from 44 yesterday to 26 today (Im 28) and seeing as I havent dropped loads of pounds overnight, Im assuming I balanced better today? Or maybe just a fluke lol.

I'm pretty chuffed, as my Wii age seems to now be about 22-28, when I first started on the Wii I was 58. I'm actually 43. It's funny as the Wii keeps saying I'm in great shape for my age. Now how can that be when I'm morbidly obese?

I wonder if it is more to do with us knowing what to expect and getting better at the body tests.

I wondered that, Im clearly in poor shape for my age lol, but I bet it is just you get better at the tests.

So what is your favourite on the Wii Fit?

I love the stepping and the jogging, but I've become an expert at the footie heading & slalom, which I do as a warm up/cool down.

I'm hoping to get one of these too. Glad to hear you guys are getting on well with it. I'm terrible at sticking to exercise DVDs!

Emerald
X

Emerald be warned - there is one down side of the Wii Fit i'm afraid.....

and that is you'll find less time for other things because you want to keep bettering your scores! It is so very addictive.

I'll 2nd that very, very addictive but great fun lol:D

Hubby came home from work with one!!! YAY! I had to go out to work myself not long after unfortnately but when I got home tonight I did about 30 mins on it. I was RUBBISH at most stuff, especially the skiiing and the tightrope walking. I have no balance, it seems. I love it already so thankyou for your recommendations. Could it be that I might actually enjoy some exercise now.... wonders will never cease!

Emerald
X

Emerald - glad you got one.

You'll find you get better at it the more you practice. Some will suit you better than others. I'm pants at the tight-rope walking, hulla and the ski jumping, but great at the footie heading and the down-hill ski slalom and the balance tables that look like a bakewell tart!

Nice to read the good reviews in this thread as my Mum has pre-ordered one from HMV so I should be getting one within about a week or so. Hope I find it addictive too! :D

Another thumbs up for the Wii Fit. We got one because we had to cancel our gym membership for money reasons. For less than what we paid for both of us for a month we got the Wii Fit (already had the Wii). I love it, as does my four year old son. You should see him running hell for leather (is that the right phrase) in the jogging. Beats me everytime in the 2 player jogging.

I unlocked the boxing the other day and I love that. Last night I unlocked the advanced one but can't get the hang of weaving yet!

Last night I did 50 mins - 30 mins on the Wii, and then 20 mins free step while watching Neighbours! If I can get a look in after the football tonight I'll do the same :)

Back