Wii questions,

DonnaP

I have a wii and the board etc , i tried to set myself up on it the other day but it said i was too heavy:cry:, however i am below the weight (on sw scales) that is recquired. My question is can i use it and the games without having to put in the details. Also what games do you reccomend?

Thank you!

DOnna

I think the weight limit is about 23st so maybe in a few lbs time it wont say you are too heavy. If you have it on carpet it may be why it is reading slightly heavier than sw.

I like the step the best, though if i were you i would just give them all a go and see how you get on and what you like.

Im not sure if it will let you use it until it registers your weight though-maybe try the board on a harder floor??? If not you will maybe just need to give it a few weeks and try again

Good luck

I read up about wii fit boards because I was thinking of getting one and though I'm well within the weight limit it won't actually weigh above 23stone. Grrr. Anyway, I read somewhere that you can trick it by folding a towel underneath. It won't give you the correct weight but it will make it think you're lighter so let you play all the games. I have no personal experience of it but if you google it I'm sure you'll find something.:)

I started off with some of the balance ones and step but now do the step plus on it. I like the hula hoop but it can give be back ache if I'm not careful. Am rubbish at the obstacle course and boxing one. I've managed the joigging one once which was a feat as I've always been crap at running-lol

Hope you can get started on it as it is fun:)

Hiya - i'm not sure about the weight limits but from a game perspective there are quite a few out there that make me get a sweat on :)

Good ones are Biggest Loser (only a tenner in Asda) Just Dance, I love this for having a stupid dance to cheesy music and Just Dance2 is coming out soon - cant wait!!

There's also a couple by Jillian Michaels that i've heard are good too.

The key to exercise is to do something fun that doesn't really feel like exercise, and after doing 30mins or so of Just Dance I have a sweat on and i'm enjoying myself - just the tonic after crappy days at work :D

I use the Wii Fit (with board) and The Biggest Loser.
Wii Fit - I have a routine set up which includes yoga stretches and muscle toning and I love Hula, the step-up and the rhythm boxing as cardio!
The Biggest Loser - Fantastic game and you can use without the board. I find this game most effective for overall weightloss but also when I have over done the syns! It takes you through routines only stopping for a breather halfway through and the trainers are quite motivational!
Hope this helps!

Hi, hope I am not hijacking this thread but I am thinking of getting a wii, not sure if to just get the wii for now with the dancing stuff or to get the wii board. However, I have a few questions as to what else you need - does it only come with one remote? If 2 people are to do it do you need to buy another one and what do you need? I have seem the remote, the motion thingy and the nunchuck...... do you need all 3? Sorry, I am a bit wii clueless!!!!!

H2x

However, I have a few questions as to what else you need - does it only come with one remote? If 2 people are to do it do you need to buy another one and what do you need? I have seem the remote, the motion thingy and the nunchuck...... do you need all 3? Sorry, I am a bit wii clueless!!!!!

H2x

Hey hun, the wii will come with one control and usually the sports resort game.
You can pick up an alternative/extra control from various retailers & depending on if you get a branded one or a cheap one, the price varies from (cheapest I've seen brand new) £16.99 to £30! You don't always need an extra controller, depending on how you are playing the game, but usually you will alternate between the 2 (or more :p) & you will need the nunchuck for some activities on the wii fit but not for the Biggest Loser Or the Just Dance game.
As I've mentioned I've got both the Wii Fit game & board & the Biggest Loser, which you don't need a board for!
Hope this helps! :eek:

Thanks very much to everyone can't wait to start and the best news is that i have tried again tonight and i'm officially registered on the wii fit !! YAY i'm so happy , this was my first Goal!

Cheers

Donna

i have tried again tonight and i'm officially registered on the wii fit !! YAY i'm so happy , this was my first Goal!
well done! let the games commence!

Ive just done my first session on EA Sports Fitness Trainer. I chose a low impact workout to start me off, but if thats the low impact one, the high impact one is going to be terrifying!!!

It comes with a resistance band and a leg strap to put the nunchuck in, and really DOES give an effective workout.

*falls over*

Yeah, I love the EA sports active on the wii, it makes you sweat, I know I've worked out afterwards too! I got the "more workouts version" too and have built myself up to the medium intensity!

Yeah, I coped remarkably well for someone with rubbish fitness on low intensity, but I did feel like I had worked out. I didnt need to take a break during the runs, which is just stunning. Had a total fail on the inline skating with the balance board, have NO sense of balance and kept hitting the hay bales, but otherwise everything was nice and straightforward and I am actually looking forward to the next session.

Back