Wii routines for "older" ladies

mariana

Hi, i love My Wii and Wii fit--had it for about 6 months now.

As i am 70, I am limited as to what I can do--but i love "Perfect 10" [now "Perfect 20"]--I am trying to get to "Perfect 10" in under 40 seconds--my fastest is 40.16]also Step basics [I am trying to get a perfect round-so far I have got 317 out of 328]---- Hula Hoop, and Super Hula Hoop---now up to 10 minutes--I am trying to get over 2000 on Super Hula Hoop, but I have trouble spinning to the right--as soon as I look at the tv, I stop spinning--does anyone else have this problem, and can only spin one way-i made it to 1965 spins, so I reckon I will do it soon. What sort of numbers do any of you get up to--I am not really sure if I am doing well or not, as I have noone else to compare to. It certainly makes me feel better and stronger !!

Hey Mariana, you're as young as you feel! It's just your body doesn't realize! I think it's important not to compare yourself with anyone else as we're all different sizes, shapes and ages. I'm 60, but my mind is still in my 20's! I'm quite flexible, and really quite strong, but my joints have got to the stage where they kick up a fuss if I overdo it! I have trouble hulahooping anti-clockwise, probably cos I'm right handed.
I have made a routine of the yoga exercises which takes 22 mins (there are a couple of muscle exercises in it) and before Xmas I was doing it every day, I started again today and I can really notice the difference. I'm so stiff!
The perfect 10 I've only completed twice in the time, I'm dyslexic with numbers!
I think as long as you do them regularly and improving your scores, and reaping the benefit, carry on! If you can manage the step, then you'll be able to do the running (it's only on the spot) The short one is a gentle 3 mins, up to an island one at 12. Have you joined the January challenge? It's a bit of fun and I find it quite motivating.

Thanks for your comments--I shall try branching out and doing a few more things. No, I have not joined the January challenge--not sure where it is---there is just so much to look at on this site, I am not sure where to look first.

Back