Wii

I also LOVE my Wii Fit. I don't particularly enjoy exercise, and this seems to overcome the barrier for me. And I really like the way it tracks your history and gives you points depending on how well you do.

Another thing about it is that you can just do 10 minutes at a time several times a day, if you don't have the time/aren't fit enough to start with, and build from there, which doesn't work with going to the gym or a whole class.

I can definitely see how it wouldn't be exercise for some people, but it does the job for me. I'd like to get the Zumba and/or Just dance games as well soon, will have to collect my pennies though! :)

meow^..^ said:
I also LOVE my Wii Fit. I don't particularly enjoy exercise, and this seems to overcome the barrier for me. And I really like the way it tracks your history and gives you points depending on how well you do.

Another thing about it is that you can just do 10 minutes at a time several times a day, if you don't have the time/aren't fit enough to start with, and build from there, which doesn't work with going to the gym or a whole class.

I can definitely see how it wouldn't be exercise for some people, but it does the job for me. I'd like to get the Zumba and/or Just dance games as well soon, will have to collect my pennies though! :)

You sound like me, you would probably love Active sports 2. You can chose what to do,or follow 9 week plan , 4 days a week. That's what I'm doing. I enjoy it because unlike Wii fit, it's a series of 25/30 min of 1/2 min exercises. So it's hard to get bored,and 30 mins whizzes by because its broken up.

When I'm bored with this I'll go back to Wii fit for a few months and alternate them. I'm trying to love myzumba but I call it names lol,it's too much of same thing for 40 mins ,I get it out when I want to,instead of 'having to' x

I love sports active 2. Love the heartrate monitor and the 3 and 9 week progs

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

You sound like me, you would probably love Active sports 2. You can chose what to do,or follow 9 week plan , 4 days a week. That's what I'm doing. I enjoy it because unlike Wii fit, it's a series of 25/30 min of 1/2 min exercises. So it's hard to get bored,and 30 mins whizzes by because its broken up.

When I'm bored with this I'll go back to Wii fit for a few months and alternate them. I'm trying to love myzumba but I call it names lol,it's too much of same thing for 40 mins ,I get it out when I want to,instead of 'having to' x

I'm a bit scared of active sports 2, it looks like it would be really hard!

Bunnylush said:
I don't love it when it gets stuck mid lunge! Lol

That used to happen to me, but I managed to stop it by changing my angle to the tv. I had to stop that exercise until I worked that out! Holding the remote helps too.

meow^..^ said:
I'm a bit scared of active sports 2, it looks like it would be really hard!

Not at all. It had a low, medium or high intensity. Anyone can do low. You still sweat but its not too hard.

I agree,in some ways it's easier than Wii fit,if you did 30 mins jogging on Wii on cycling,that's far harder than 30 mins active. I have very bad legs,and a tiny home ,the only parts of active sports I don't do ( same with Wii) IS anything involving lying on the floor. I'm not lying on my laminate floor in a tiny space,it's makes me feel panicky and hurts my legs too much. But I do everything else and love it x

Not at all. It had a low, medium or high intensity. Anyone can do low. You still sweat but its not too hard.
/QUOTE]

That's good to know, thanks! I'll look into getting it soon, once the pennies have accumulated sufficiently :)

Wow, you're an inspiration, have a great time in Florida , I will look out for your progress posts when you get back
Bron

Inspiration? - more like perspiration;):p

Back to the Wii - NEVER under-estimate the secondary effect of the Wii, and that is the FUN FACTOR.

I see a lot of people killing themselves in the gym, or out jogging etc. Not much laughter or smiling going on.

Try the boxing on Wii Sports (I think!) for an exhausting workout lol.

I don't actually own one, but use one at family parties etc. - Great fun.

Maximus said:
Inspiration? - more like perspiration;):p

Back to the Wii - NEVER under-estimate the secondary effect of the Wii, and that is the FUN FACTOR.

I see a lot of people killing themselves in the gym, or out jogging etc. Not much laughter or smiling going on.

Try the boxing on Wii Sports (I think!) for an exhausting workout lol.

I don't actually own one, but use one at family parties etc. - Great fun.

Best laughs I've ad in years is watching the Mr doing some sort of Wii sports/fit ( he does his annually) especially hula hoop, oh how I cry! Best laughter in games is mariokart,I love it x

The best thing I've seen himself do is throw a tantrum whilst setting up the kinect. He couldn't understand what was funny watching his avatar act out what he was doing throwing cushions around!

Lol,oh aren't they funny! My mr throws tantrums on mariokart,I'm expert,he's poo! Best thing is in real life,I drive up road and back and he drives thousands of miles a week! Put him on mariokart and he's pants!

Lol bless him

Back