Wii

Bron

Silver Member
Hi all
Thinking about getting wii fit, does anyone think they are good? What are the best things to do with it to help my weight loss journey?
Thanks
Bron

I've got a wii with wii fit & don't really use it that often, but when I do it's brill. I've got lots of dance/exercise games which I love.

Yes if used on a regular basis it will help get you fit.

Can you borrow one from a friend before buying one.

I have used my Wii fit daily or 5 times a week since Oct, I love it! I needed to exercise ,diabetic nurse told me off!

I hated exercise before my Wii. I started with Wii fit plus,built up to 30 mins jogging on it. Then bought Wii Zumba and Wii sports active 2 personal trainer,that has a nine week programme,4 days a week,so I've been doing that for 5 weeks. I dog walk too and use Zumba and trampoline sporadically in between Wii,when I feel like doing more.

Honestly if you can afford it and don't like exercise it's your best way forwards,there's lots of energetic games as well as yoga,muscle work,jogging,hula hoop,step classes

Active sports two was £80, I got mine now on sale for £20 ish,that swell worth it too,stops You getting bored with one thing

Just to add, i saw my fitness levels raise as I did more Wii, and I've been on slimming word 14 weeks, lost 2 stone. I need the exercise to tone up,lose weight and help my skin and body try and shrink back,as I have another 3 to lose,I don't want everything sagging x

Hi all
Thinking about getting wii fit, does anyone think they are good? What are the best things to do with it to help my weight loss journey?
Thanks
Bron
I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses - and you can lose weight using a wii (many have). I considered a Wii - especially as any excuse to buy a gadget works for me;)

Instead I joined a walking group, made use of the works gym and walked myself fit. I managed 90.5 loss in 36 weeks.

Will never know how much the body magic contributed - probably more than the healthy eating as i recently got laid up for a week and had horrendous figures!

I often wonder how well I might have done (if at all!) had I just bought the Wii.

I guess it is really what works for you and any exercise is better than none. You may well find as you get into it, you may want to do other stuff as well:)

Steve

I bought mine three years ago... the first two months we played all the time and then it got put away... such a waste of money.

When I joined SW in August I dragged it back out again and i LOVE it. Seriously I put my feeling of more toned and 'bouncy' down to it.

Ill do hula hooping, some step aerobics, a jog, other little games and then finish with Yoga. It DEFINITELY works !!

x

Thanks all, think I'll get one, have started cycling again, but am thinking of the dark winter evenings!
Bron

Maximus said:
I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses - and you can lose weight using a wii (many have). I considered a Wii - especially as any excuse to buy a gadget works for me;)

Instead I joined a walking group, made use of the works gym and walked myself fit. I managed 90.5 loss in 36 weeks.

Will never know how much the body magic contributed - probably more than the healthy eating as i recently got laid up for a week and had horrendous figures!

I often wonder how well I might have done (if at all!) had I just bought the Wii.

I guess it is really what works for you and any exercise is better than none. You may well find as you get into it, you may want to do other stuff as well:)

Steve

Hi
Amazing loss Steve, are you at target?
Bron

Bunnylush said:
I have used my Wii fit daily or 5 times a week since Oct, I love it! I needed to exercise ,diabetic nurse told me off!

I hated exercise before my Wii. I started with Wii fit plus,built up to 30 mins jogging on it. Then bought Wii Zumba and Wii sports active 2 personal trainer,that has a nine week programme,4 days a week,so I've been doing that for 5 weeks. I dog walk too and use Zumba and trampoline sporadically in between Wii,when I feel like doing more.

Honestly if you can afford it and don't like exercise it's your best way forwards,there's lots of energetic games as well as yoga,muscle work,jogging,hula hoop,step classes

Active sports two was £80, I got mine now on sale for £20 ish,that swell worth it too,stops You getting bored with one thing

Just to add, i saw my fitness levels raise as I did more Wii, and I've been on slimming word 14 weeks, lost 2 stone. I need the exercise to tone up,lose weight and help my skin and body try and shrink back,as I have another 3 to lose,I don't want everything sagging x

Thanks, you've done amazingly well
Bron

Hi
Amazing loss Steve, are you at target?
Bron

Yes - and no!

Lol - I reached target in April. Then reduced it by half a stone, reched it and now gone slightly out of range, so have reduced it by a further 7lb!

I'm off to Florida for 2 weeks on Wednesday so that will be a good old binge. I plan to reach my new target of 145lb before my birthday (November 29). Nothing like a challenge!

Maximus said:
Yes - and no!

Lol - I reached target in April. Then reduced it by half a stone, reched it and now gone slightly out of range, so have reduced it by a further 7lb!

I'm off to Florida for 2 weeks on Wednesday so that will be a good old binge. I plan to reach my new target of 145lb before my birthday (November 29). Nothing like a challenge!

Wow, you're an inspiration, have a great time in Florida , I will look out for your progress posts when you get back
Bron

The actual wii is quite good with a good choice of fitness games. Personally i felt the actual wii fit game wasnt to my tastes. I dont think it is suited to anyone who is moderately active already. I have zumba on the xbox which is great. From what ive heard its very similar to the wii version. Deffo recommend it!!

Thanks,enjoy Florida!

Another factor for me is I'm a very busy housewife? Mother of two teen boys,it seems I have less times they get older? I wouldn't have time to drive 20 mins to gym / baths and 20 mins back. I also could not afford to pay anything weekly for gym/bath,I mean I can't believe people pay £4 for a Zumba class? I paid £20 for Zumba Wii? I would just end up not going to the gym through lack of time. Whereas I do my daily housework downstairs, make sure everywheres clean ,then get my half hour Wii done. I love walking my dog but really it's boys job. Before losing weight my legs couldn't manage. I can manage now but would hate going out in rain,wind,snow, don't like getting wet lol.
And if I find myself getting bored of everything I treat myself to Wii fit step class where you can switch to watching tv for 30 mins lol. X

Hi,

I LOVE my wii... I got it for lo at Christmas last year as they were doing really good deals, with the wii board and wii fit. I did try my friends one out first, as someone previously in the thread has suggested.

I have used it every day unless life gets in the way but I do try to get the body test done every morning. It works for me as it is very visual with my weight.
I like the way that I have to stand straight and wait for my weight to show as I do not do that with the scales (I can make them lie by standing at an angle).

It is the wii which has got me back onto slimming world as as much as I was "trying" to eat well, the weight was just going up and down.. perfect for maintaining but not loosing.

You can then find games that are right for you.. I feel for example Zumba wouldn't suit me as I have no fast rhythm, but I got the Broadway dance, which makes me move and doesn't seem to mind that I can't dance as long as I move!

I also like that I can do it all in the comfort of my home, and I do not have the luxury of being able to join a class.

It's like anything really, if you stick to using it, it can help with weight loss as with any sort of exercise.

Rabbit food is good x

I think Wii fit is the worst of the fitness 'games'. I'd only recommend it if you are older and completely sedentary. I much prefer sports active 2, zumba and biggest loser challenge.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

But for people who hate exercise,are unfit etc,Wii fit is a good,fun easy ,pick what you please way to get fitness levels up. I couldn't jog for 5 mins when I started, worked up to up to 50 mins. I wouldn't have done that alone x

All opinions allowed!

I'm nowhere near as fit as I used to be (size 10 gym bunny many years ago! I consider myself unfit now) But Wii fit + seems like the easy option. Some of the games are fun, but I wouldn't call them exercise. I do like the jogging though.

I have wii zumba and love it however I'm not as motivated on it as an actual zumba class! What's just dance like? I keep looking at it!

I got the 2 just dance games for Xmas....one is still in wrapper! We are getting jd3 for kinect to see if that's better. I didn't really like it but have only had 1 or 2 goes.

Back