Will bars delay weight loss

karenlisa

Hi guys sorry for all the questions, tom will be day 4 for me and my LLC hac said i can start having bars, is this ok in the 1st week? also going forward how many are you allowed a week? I was sooo looking forward to chewing something tom but don't think it's worth it if it will decrease the amount i loss.

the only reason you're not allowed them for the first four days is because it means you can get into full ketosis. However, once you're in ketosis, having one bar a day (which is what is allowed) doesn't slow your weight loss at all.
Trust me, after almost 10 months on the diet I tried all sorts of things and actually just sticking to what is recommended (3 shakes and a bar plus plenty of water every day) is what works best and gives the quickest results!

Well done on completing day 4! :D Chewing is something I used to miss a lot too, and for a good year after my LL completion I refused to eat any 'liquid' food (such as normal soup) of any kind! Lol.
However, yep, like the others said - a bar a day will not slow down your weight loss. By the end of my 9 months on LL the first time, I got pretty desperate and had 2 bars per day (after asking my LLC if it was ok first!) - and it didn't slow things down either. ... I would never suggest having more than 1 bar though - they could have laxative effects if too many are consumed!

:)

You will really, really want to chew and the bars are it!

Thanks ladies, i'am in ketosis and finding things alot easier today, i was just looking forward to sitting down with a cup of coffee and a bar. The first few day's have not been as tough as i thought though i have been fairly tired, again hopefully this will pass when my body adjusts.

this time next week you'll wonder what all the fuss was about and not be bothered by food at all! Well done for getting to day 4. Hardest bit done now.

I started bars on my first week and still lost 9.2lbs that first weigh in.

I have one bar every day as is recommended ~ my fave part of the day! :p

i couldn't do with out a bar a day with a lovely cup of strong black coffee - best part of the day!
daisy x

I've never had a bar - just soups and shakes

Whether or not you have a bar will not affect your weightloss, just the same as the savoury drink or the water flavouring - LL will not provide you with anything that will affect your losses :)

Firstly, well done on getting through the first 4 days. It gets easier from here on. :D

I get 7 bars every week as allowed and have to say look forward to having them. I also always have one in my handbag in case I am held up somewhere when out so that I always have something to eat rather than have to worry about being able to make up a liquid pack.

The other thing I find very handy is that I occasionally get dizzy spells and just a nibble on a bar will help that settle down. I then eat the rest later in the day.

Eating bars has not affected my weight loss at all, well at least it doesn't appear to have :D

Hi there, I'm new on the forum (day 5...) and was really pleased to see this thread, it's a question that I wanted to ask! Definitely needing to have something to chew...
What a good idea to have one as an 'emergency' back up Pheonix65, I will start that when I get my bars.;)
Very reassuring to hear from everyone's success stories!

Back