will Dr give me these?

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Ive read over the net that the Dr wont give me xenical unless I lose 2.5kg in 4 weeks, to prove I can do it. Is this true? I was hoping Id get them at the end of this week?

My doctor didnt have any 'rules' when I got them. He offered them to me on my first visit :)

Same first visit i was offered them.

I think it depends on your GP some are happy that youve approached them about trying to lose weight and others are happy seeing that you've already lost some weight id say just go and see what they say!

mine wanted me to prove i could lose weight which i did, 7lb, but within 7 weeks it had all gone back on....ive been on the tabs 12 weeks and lost about 11lb....

i'm hoping my doctor will see that i've lost some weight already and agree to it. fingers crossed your doc prescribes it for you :) x

I was offerd them aswell, but i had been in a month earlier with the nurse trying to get help with weight loss after a 6 month STS!
all docs are diff i guess! Mines gona stop giving them to me this month tho! lols i just know it

I do have a nice Dr, so fingers crossed. I just hope I can get an appointment with that particular Dr for Friday. I did ring today, but was told to ring 1st thing Friday morning.

i went this morning and was told that i have to lose 2kg before they'll prescribe it, to show i'm commited. the doc was lovely about it though and said if he could prescribe it to me today, he would :)

Awwww, ((( beki ))) im sure you'll have them in no time x

well i went to my doctor hoping for reductil and she woudnt give them me i went twice every month so i went to a different doc and he could see that i had been loosing weight. I didnt mention any thing about pills and then he suggested giving me xenical and i almost snatched his hand off hhehe!!

good luck for your appointment!

luv katie!

if its not looking good cry!!! Thats what i did hehe

well thats about 5lbs to loose or just under .. so im sure you can do this keep your chin up beki. x

thanks so much hun :D x i'm off to disneyland for 3 days on 28th, and then to a wedding on 3rd oct, so i'm hoping i can lose the 2kg and get the tabs before i go.. otherwise it's going to be 3 weeks before i can get to the docs again :eek:

i'm wondering if i can do it by next friday... if i'm reeeeally good and have a HUGE wee before i go to the surgery? :p :D LOL

keep your fingers crossed for me! ;) xx

Awwww, ((( beki ))) im sure you'll have them in no time x

thanks red :D i'm determined to get this 2kg off as quickly as possible!!!

looking forward to seeing your results on monday ;) xx

Well my Dr said No. He was nice about it, but said the statistics for keeping the weight off after xenical were poor, and I'd be better off joining weight watchers, grrr. Im so frustrated.

OMG as if he said that! so sorry hope u r ok hun
xxx

Back