will exercise slow down my weight loss

jakkiG

Hi does anyone know if exercise will slow down my weight loss. It seems to be going but Very Slowly:mad:. I have started dancing and practice most nights with my other half,so would have expected to be burning more calories. we go out to class once a week and are dancing Lindy hop for at least two hours and then at least half an hour every evening. I would have expected to be shifting more of the fat as it's quite fast dancing and should in theory burn off quite a few calories. I would hate to give up on it as it's such good fun but I just wanted to know if this is why it's such slow going. I am doing SS+ by the way:confused::confused: Please help if you can

As you exercise your muscles retain water. You will still be burning fat, but building muscle, which weighs twice as much as fat. Keep going, it will make a difference!

week 4 Totm -2lbs
week 5 -4lbs
week 6 -2lbs

In the first month of a vlcd you lose the most weight has some of it is glycogen. After that you are fat burning.

Around a stone a month is the guide line and looking at your weight loss record you are doing fine.

I have not heard of exercise slowing down weight loss.

Just be sensible, if you are feeling you are doing too much then cut it down a bit as it is not recommended to over do it while SSing.

Summerskye has started a very interesting thread in CD this week to record weight loss/height/exercise/gender to see what possible impact they have on weight loss.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...loss-record-thread-please-add-your-story.html

Love Mini xxx

well when i started going bk to the gym on wk 2 ,i didnt looses as much and woundered why but when i worked it out i burnt off more then i took in that day!

Back