Will giving up the beer help?

Possibly I'm not eating enough, was aiming for around 10 syns a day - which is what I do normally, except all in day 1 and last week, between Fri (day 1) and Weds (day6) I only had 40 syns.....
don't really want to eat junk, and I know I can add syns into my meals, but I think I'm so used to eating pretty much syn free,it's a bit odd.. did add some extra milk, and alpens, and some synned yoghurt....

Will try harder this week to eat more (did 11.5 yesterday!!)

OK.... I am now of the opinion that my weight loss is combined with alcohol intake (actually thats a result!)

drink shed loads too many to count but probably around 160- 200 syns - 3 lb loss
no beer
plus 1lb - OK could be catch-up
then STS (not fair, no valid reason)
drink beer/whisky - 62.5 syns (alcohol only count)... 2lb loss :confused:

Dunno the answer, but hey :beer8:

I like my beer but since starting SW it's something ive knocked on the head for a couple of weekends. I know from past dieting experience that not drinking at a weekend has helped me loose the weight.
I find beer bloats me for a good 3 or 4 days to.

If only we could have a syn free beer.

That would be the best ever

Does drinking for you mean getting up and dancing which would be extra body magic or maybe spending the next day hung over and not wanting to eat? I know when I drink whether it's squash or very rarely alcohol (vodka heavily mixed with something, usually one shot in a pint glass lol being my drink of choice) I spend more time peeing than I did drinking lol the only thing I don't have this with is any kind of coke so maybe the extra fluid helps suppose you could test that one by not drinking alcohol one week and increasing your fluid intake and seeing what you lose. Although if you enjoy the beer, and it's not a problem for you to drink it why not. Bodies work in mysterious ways, I actually lost more the week I had chocolate cake, but my consultant thought that had more to do with the cake increasing my calorie intake to more what it should be Hugs Crystal xx

enteralterego / Stoo
Have you tried the becks blue (3 syns/bottle)??
it is alcohol free, but isn't like other ones, it does taste like becks, which has its own unique flavour anyway - the others I've tried, I tend to leave it and drink coke / water.

Crystal.. couple of good points there..
99% of my drinking is in a pub, so although I stand at the bar, there's no dancing involved - 2 left feet lol...but the weekend jaunt did involve a few moves lol.
Although, I drink a reasonable amount, normally 4 or 5 pints (standard beer, none of this extra strong stuff), and maybe a large whiskey when I get home, I don't drink until I'm drunk, or have a hangover..so get up and eat like anyother day, and as for when I've not had an alcoholic drink, I just swap a pint of beer for a pint of diet coke... I'm definatly a quantity drinker
Maybe you need chocolate cake for a loss!

Thanks everyone for your comments... really strange, so maybe I'll stick to going out on a Friday and limiting my syns in the week...must admit, I wouldn't want to miss my night out, Yes, I can go out and drink coke, but I'd miss my beer in the long term. This is a lifelong plan, so finding out what works for me is the way forward...and I know that if I denied myself I'd give-up, this plan is all about control and compromise, so I'll drink one night, and then any other times we go out, I won't

How's that for a plan

It's funny you say that as I find I have better losses when I drink the majority of my syns rather than eating them.

It could just be a coincidence however the week I had a gain I'd hardly had any alcohol and I used my syns on chocolate instead.

Not risking it anymore... Already looking forward to my wine tomorrow!

wonder if weigh in after drinking heavy could be loss of water from dehydration, the girl at work always shows a loss after a heavy night but understands that it all comes back once your body rehydrates. Bit like a sauna, shift a couple pounds in body water, but you will have to put it back in

Stoo said:
wonder if weigh in after drinking heavy could be loss of water from dehydration, the girl at work always shows a loss after a heavy night but understands that it all comes back once your body rehydrates. Bit like a sauna, shift a couple pounds in body water, but you will have to put it back in

Could be however my WI is on a Saturday morning and I usually have 1/2 - 2/3 of my syns on Saturday night and a Sunday so that wouldnt work for me. I have wondered if your body produces the sugar/calories in alcohol differently?

Back