Will I ever get there

Squiggle82

Hi guys

I'm quite new here, but done SW several times over several years as each time I "come off" SW I put more weight on. Been back on plan for a few weeks and I am losing weight but over the last couple of days I've been wondering if I will EVER get to be "normal" size. There seems such a mountain to climb and while I am losing weight, I am still obese and still hate looking at myself in the mirror, not being able to wear clothes I want etc. :(:(

I usually use this as a motivation but its just getting me down now...usually leads into comfort eating but I am going to do it the SW way!

Just wondering, does anyone else feel like this? How do you deal with it?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts:eek:

I know exactly how you feel..its a long slog isnt it...but try not to think of it like that and break it down into mini targets maybe..also spoil you..think we get so wrapped up in day to day life that the routine sets in and that can be disaster...for me..i love to pamper myself..little things like a posh bubble bath..or a new lipstick...non food rewards as such but something to look forward to none the less...
Good luck..im on week 1 and really hoping for a loss this week (promised myself a lush bath bomb if i do..lol) xx

Hi Squiggles, Welcome to the forum even tho' I know you have posted before but now with your own diary that's a great plus and a brill way to go!

Well know how you feel as do lots of the other minis on here.. I'm afraid it's a lifetime thing we have to fight and tho' it just seems such an awful uphill struggle there are lots of us who are waiting to help in whatever way we can.... :)

Try not to think about the coming months and years, just makes for wanting to fly to the sweeties the very idea!! Take it one day at a time and try to relax and enjoy your food and get more satisfaction that way.

I am no doubt quite some years older than yourself but I can honestly say I have been battling from the age of 15 to keep a nice figure and succeeded about 3 times and then put it all back on again! ..:cry: This time is a now or never at my age but we can all do it! Just have faith in yourself and do keep posting so we can see your progress and dive in to help you when you need us...:flowers:

Take care and all the very best to you....:)

Thanks guys:) One day at a time...I'm just in one of those "down" moods this week. I've actually been reading others diaries/inspirational stories and it definitely gives me hope!

We all feel like that. I agree with everyone else, just take it one day at a time and break it into small achievable targets.

Keep this diary going and you'll get loads of support.

Good luck :)

Back