Will I EVER get to target??!

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Just me having a moan! I can't come on here as much as I used to because of having a very busy new job and I miss you all!

I only have 1.5st to lose to target and I've essentially been maintaining since Sept. Since Christmas I've been hovering and gaining and losing the same few pounds and it's really starting to cheese me off.

I know part of it's down to me and that I'm probably not following the plan as closely as I think so I'm trying really hard this week to follow it as near 100% as I can. I've also joined a gym and this will be my 3rd week going.

Any more tips and advice? I'm getting to the point where I think I need a change and the dreaded itchy feet after 2 yrs on SW although I love it and don't really want to defect and do something else but I really want to get this 1.5st off by the summer!

Any advice?!?!

Maybe other members who are closer to target can advise, but I would think that maybe reducing your syns or changing the Healthy Extras could make a difference? Also remember that if you are going to the gym you could be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, so make sure to measure!

Hi Stacey, I find that unless you actively follow the plans, it is very easy to just stay static weight wise. You know that you are following the basic rules (hence not really gaining any weight), but you aren't applying the same fervour, and it shows on the scales.

Whilst I am at target, since Christmas, I have been bumping along at the top of my target zone - nothing wrong with that, but I know that I would prefer to be 2/3 lb lighter to feel in a better place. It has been ridiculously hard to find the motivation to stop maintaining and start losing again, but since coming back here (after a long break) and involving myself in the support community again, I can see it all starting to shift again.

The big change has been to commit to a full food diary for one week, and to focus on red and green days, not EE (which is perfect for me to maintain on).

All that said, the journey your body has been on is both dramatic and relatively speedy. You have lost loads of weight and that's a huge personal achievement. A period of physical and mental readjustment before the final push should probably be both expected and welcomed :)

Hi Mate- we missed you too!

I had EXACTLY the same feeling as this 2 weeks ago. We are both pretty close to our targets after doing SW for a long time (very successfully!) I just needed a change but didn't want to give up....... so I did WW for 2 weeks.

It was great for a bit of a change, and there were some foods that I ate really happily that I haven't eaten for 2 years without guilt (mostly bread based!) I was still in control of my eating but it was just nice to eat different things for a while- and I still lost weight.

It was funny that at first I loved WW as it felt so 'naughty' but by the end it really refocussed my mind for SW, as on WW I was eating much more crap and going hungry the rest of the time (I know this isn't how to do WW, but this was my diet rebellion). I really missed SW by the end- the unlimited food, the lack of weighing and measuring things, the fact that I ate more grains, fruit and calcium, etc

I am not suggesting this is for everyone, but if you need a change maybe some diet 'holiday' might help (not a break from actual dieting, but trying something new for a short time). It helped me get refoccussed and motivated

You have come so far Stacey and are an inspiration to all of us. You must fight tooth and nail to get your mojo back- that lethargy that kicks in sometimes can make lesser people go back to the 'old ways- you are so much stronger than that- FIGHT IT, doll!

xxxxxxxx

I agree with CocktailPrincess, sometimes a change can focus your mind and you can come back to SW with a new energy.
Sometimes you have to really dig deep to change things, little things that stop the plan working as well as it used to, and doing a different plan for a couple of weeks will make you think about it.
It's not defecting, it's doing what you have to do to get to your target. You WILL get there, I'm sure of that, good luck deciding what to do.

Thanks ladies! You've been a big help. I'm having a 100% week this week - the only thing I'm not measuring is my milk but I know that I'm not going over the allowance.

I'm really beginning to think that I need a change of scene. I feel like my body is getting used to SW - or maybe it's just that I'm eating too much and need some portion control. I might try and get my C to put me on fast forward and see if that helps. I really don't want to do WW and buy all the books, etc when I know that SW works. I'm so sick of getting on my home scales and them saying the same thing week after week. I thought that joining the gym would be the answer and this is my 3rd week of going 3 x a week for 30 mins (and sometimes 1hr) sessions and still nothing.

Thanks for all your advice though. I'm going to see how WI goes this week - to top it off, it's Greatest Loser in class this week and I know I'm going to win it but really don't want it as I've only lost maybe a stone in the past year so I don't feel I deserve it. I might see if my C will give it to the next person who's earned it.

Hey girly, you will get there!! You just got to keep going with it.
I'm not sure your body gets used to SW, I'm like Angie, I've been carrying between 3 and 7 lbs over my target weight since Christmas and I didn't like it so last week I knuckled down, did SE for a week, read my books, planned my meals and dropped 3.5lbs. I've been on SW for nearly 3 years and it still works for me (when I work hard at it!)

So all I'm saying is, if you need a change then go for it (I'm also trying to cut down a few cals like Hellie has been doing, thinking "do I really need ALL that with my dinner" etc etc), it's whatever works for you but stick with it. That last few pounds will come off, it just takes time - it took me six months to lose my last half stone, but I got there and you will too hun.

You are amazing.

My weight didn't get shifting again until i seriously reduced my portion sizes and only had healthy extras or superfree foods as snacks. I actually looked at my calorie intake on an extra easy day and a green day and was horrified to see that i was consuming 2000 calories (obviously what i need to maintain but in excess of what i need to lose now i am nearly 2 stone lighter). Good luck

:hug99: Right there with ya, Chick - except I have put on about 10lbs :(:doh: Am so mad with myself.I love my new job but it's hard to get any sort of routine. I have even done a VLCD for the past 6 days (hence why now only 10lbs).

I'm thinking of starting WW as one of the girls who does a similar job to me has told me that it is easier to stick to when our routine is so ................well effed up really. So maybe that's something worth considering?

Oh and the award? Accept it with a smile on your face coz you blimmin deserve it

xxx

Even if you havnt lost alot in the last year the award is for biggest loser, not fastest! 6 stone is absolutely inspirational, which is probably the point behind the biggest loser in the first place!!
Congratulations by the way :0)
Can't add anything else about the weight loss, some goo ideas about super free snacks etc :0D

Hi Stacey, I find that unless you actively follow the plans, it is very easy to just stay static weight wise. You know that you are following the basic rules (hence not really gaining any weight), but you aren't applying the same fervour, and it shows on the scales.

Whilst I am at target, since Christmas, I have been bumping along at the top of my target zone - nothing wrong with that, but I know that I would prefer to be 2/3 lb lighter to feel in a better place. It has been ridiculously hard to find the motivation to stop maintaining and start losing again, but since coming back here (after a long break) and involving myself in the support community again, I can see it all starting to shift again.

The big change has been to commit to a full food diary for one week, and to focus on red and green days, not EE (which is perfect for me to maintain on).

All that said, the journey your body has been on is both dramatic and relatively speedy. You have lost loads of weight and that's a huge personal achievement. A period of physical and mental readjustment before the final push should probably be both expected and welcomed :)

I could not have said this better myself.. its like it was written by me!! lol..

Angies 100% right. Your not gaining weight because you have the basic knowlege and are making good choices..but its that umpf and true belief that carries you through to make even better choices that show the good results..
i too struggle to get my head around loosing again since hitting target over 6 months ago, and like you have felt the urge to dip my toe in unfamiliar waters, but in my head i know there is no need, hard work is always rewarded, i just need to put that hardwork in. Iv always got to a stage now where i honestly do not complain over 1lb a week.. i never thought id say that.. but now i do.. and its so much less pressure.. and iv learnt to enjoy the plan again.

youl get there xxxx

Thank you ladies! You all are so right. I know that SW will work for me if I work it 100% which in all honesty, I'm not doing. I'm probably doing 80-85% and some weeks (like this week) just go tits up as I drank a lot yesterday and hungover today so lots of comfort food.

My C presented my case to her team and she said they've come up with some ideas and suggestions so she's going to tell me about them this week. Looking forward to getting my mojo back!

I'm def going to start cutting down my portion sizes too. I really think that's a big part of it and I'm probably eating similarly to what I was 3 or even 6st ago so I'm going to address that. I usually only snack on superfree food anyway but my meal sizes can be addressed as well as how much I eat after dinner.

Glad to see that your SW consultant has come up with a plan, shows they care!

I firmly believe that the smaller plate psychological affect really works. I always use a smaller plate now and find that my portion sizes have shrunk but I'm not in any way hungry as I've just eaten a nice plateful. It's not as if I'm eating off a tea-plate, just some plates these days are ginormous and mine is more of an old-fashioned smaller dinner plate.

Hope you manage to get sorted and back to losing weight - you've done so well and are really an inspiration to the rest of us! :fingerscrossed:

Back