will i get poorly if i dont drink enough water? :-/

LaurenLouise89

hi all, just a quick question, im on sole source plus i know you should drink atleast 4 pints a day well ive been on it 9 days now and first 4 or 5 days i tried really hard but was difficult as im one of those naughty people that only drinks with a meal or when thirsty so to drink just for the sake of it and particularly water was like blahhhh! anyway past few days ive probably only had a few glasses of water a day plus im only having one shake and one 200cal meal- not because im starving myself, purely because im not that hungry :-/ im a bit worried should i make more effort i dont feel ill but could this somehow damage my insides etc as im not having enough fluid? im a single mummy to my beautiful 21 month old boy (ollie) and stay at home to care for him just bothered one day ill faint or something silly like that from lack of fluids and then what will happen :-/ not sure if im being over the top here or should genuinly make a serious effort to up my fluids. thanks for any advice :)

You need to up your fluids & have all of your packs, your not doing yourself any favours by missing packs.

X

Hi hun it is vital you drink at least 2.5 litres a day im not sure how many pints that is hun but its so important.the packs are designed to be taken with the water incorparated into it hun.try fizzy water or u can buy flavourings from ure cdc hun xx

Hi hun,

If you don't have all of your packs, you aren't getting all the nutrients you need, which obviously isn't good for you. I really struggle with the water intake too - but I try to remember "the more you drink the more you shrink!"

The CWP website says:
There are several reasons. A good rule of thumb for good health is to drink 4pt (2.25ltr) of fluid a day whether trying to lose weight or not. If the Cambridge Weight Plan is used as the ‘Sole Source’ of nutrition, this is the minimum for good Health. The reasons for this include:A Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) like Cambridge produces a natural water loss and this must be replaced.
Food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies. On the Sole Source Programme it is necessary to compensate for the fluid that would otherwise have been taken in through food. It is important to keep the body’s fluid levels topped up to prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration – headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.
Cambridge Weight Plan offers balanced nutrition but in a very concentrated form.
It is therefore ideal to have 250ml (half pint) of water before each product to dilute the concentration of minerals and to help prevent any possible feeling of nausea.
Extra fluid enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss.

Hope that helps xx

I second that! I was out all day and forgot about my water intake, and I've got home and feel rotten/ sick/ headachey/ just plain like death! I'm normally a 4 minimum kinda girl these days (how I got to this amount I'll never know!) so I could really tell the difference! Stick with the water it will get easier-ish the more you do it! Good luck hun!

thanks everyone!! looks like i better start downing that water lol, im sure as i get used to it will get easier. just soo hard when you was never a big drinker in the first place sometimes makes me feel sick, i particularly dont like room temp water but i find it easier to drink quicker than chilled and im sure i read somewhere its better for you at room temp no idea why though lol! xx

Just keep a sports bottle with you & before & after you do anything take a swig.

You don't need to gulp it down - ull be surprised how much u can get through.

And after all it's only water, u may not 'like' it, but it's not really horrible.

U don't want to make urself ill By not drinking

X

Hiya
My CDC gave me the idea of buy in the shop 2 2 ltr Botle of water so u know that u drinking the water u need she recon we should be drinking about 4 ltrs of water a day :) x

Not sure about getting 'poorly' but you'll certainly suffer with headaches if you don't keep up your water intake!
I'm on week 23, and aim for at least 3 litres a day, try starting the day with a big 2 litre bottle of water, i find that helps, rather than having to keep re-fill glasses, etc! x

Hi

I agree with the above, you really need to have your full intake and all your packs for full benefit of this diet

Good Luck xx

I have always been a big advocate of hydration, even when not on a VCLD it really makes me feel like rubbish if I don't drink enough through the day. Anyway, I nabbed this from a website (top 11 benefits of drinking lots of water):

1. Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
  2. Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
  3. Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
  4. Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
  5. Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
  6. Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fibre and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
  7. Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
  8. Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack, and it can improve your immune system.
  9. Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
  10. Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
  11. Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.

So get supping! :D

Back