Will i loose weight on SW if i am only 1 stone away from target?

pixar

has to be done this year
hi to you all:) I have lost around 3 n half stones and want to loose my final 1 stone, im 5 ft 4 and weigh 10 stones. I have lost my weight through weight watchers discover points and the fatloss4idiots plan which is basically a low carb diet where u eat cheese, fruits, milk, nuts, chicken etc but no pasta, rice, potato, bread... I am currently back on ww the old points system and am happy so far because i love the fact i can eat a bit of what i fancy, although the points finish quickly as im only on 17:( I have a QUESTION guys 'if i were to switch to S.Worlds EE or green days would I still loose weight considering I am 1 stone away from target? I am very skeptical on trying sw incase i dont loose weight:/ I did sw green days 3 years ago and lost 5 stones so I know the diet works but wondered if it still works when you have less weight to carry esp if u have lost alot of weight. I know with sw theres no portion size and u can eat how much food u want, this worries me because im fairly slimish now and wondered if eating all that pasta, rice, healthy extras and syns would stall the loss, and if its possible to loose weight, do you think 1 pound per week is possible, any less i mite as well stick to ww.....Any help would be great, thanks xxx

Yes definitely! As long as you don't eat too many syns and are careful about the proportions of veggies and higher calorie free food. I'm in the same boat! Congratulations on being on the last stone!

You certainly will!
We've had ladies join our group who had half a stone to lose, they did it in a matter of weeks. It's a little slower for them and with changing "diets" the first week may be a bit odd, but it should work for you.
Good luck!

thanks for the replies. I really am a little bit scared to give sw a try and thats because Im going away in 9-10 weeks and dont have time to test diets out. i know ww works but sometimes the points can be a little low and the idea of sw starts to entice you:) Sw def works as i have tried in the past and on average lost 2-3 pounds a week, but never went back on to it after lossing alot of weight, so im a bit weary. i think ile stick to ww for 1-2 weeks and if it gets to the point where im really craving pasta then ile hop on sw. good luck guys with yr diet goals too x

I'd say it works - especially if you stick to plan.

I even managed to reach target then lose 6.5lb in a week - that was at target!!!

I've put it back on over 3 weeks but that's down to me not sticking to plan and NOT the plan itself.

Just to advise my last stone when I reached target - the most difficult to lose was reached in just 5 weeks - as an indication how it can be done.

Steve

maximus, did I read correctly?? did u say you lost your last 1 stone in 5 weeks with sw? im like wow if i did read correctly, ide be happy to loose 7-10 pounds in 9 weeks :)

I'm 5ft 8 and was 10st2 when I started and was sooo skeptical about this diet actually working for me - I'm vegetarian and thought I'd end up eating too many carbs and gaining. It took me about 9 weeks to get to 9st5lbs (1lb above target) I stayed here ages due to holiday and parties etc, and hit my target about 6 weeks later. I cannot believe how easy the diet is when you've got the right foods, good luck! You can do it!!xx

hi bs lovely lady:) what a sweet nick hihi... ohh im around 10.2 at the mo and would love to get to 9.7 in time for my hols around 9 weeks time, idealy my ultimate goal would be 8.7 but 9.7 will do for now as im sort on time. im doing ww at the mo, but mite soon have enough and want to switch to sw due to the low points u eat through out the day. anyway good luck to ya all x

There is so much more to SW than pasta and carbs! Of course if you suddenly start stuffing your face with food just because it is free then you may well struggle

But if you follow the plan properly and ensure you eat a balanced diet with lots of fruit and veg, your healty extras and your daily allowance of syns then you will be fine

After all, even if start off with lots to lose you do eventually get to the point where you need to lose a stone or less. And if it didnt work then nobody would get to target!

circes i do agree with what u said that if i start to pile on the free food then it may cause probs, the only reason why im a bit skeptical with doing sw is due to fact that i do love carbs and its really hard for me to limit. I did sw few years ago and i ate carbs until i was proper full and lost alot of weight, but now because i am at my last stone I know i cant get away with all that food so how do i control my portions? at least with ww its been controlled for me but then they finish too quick as Im only on 17 pts a day, I must admit i do love sw and the fact u dont have to measure free food and you get to have syns and H/E, so much more enjoyable, but im just scared of the outcome, i only have 9 weeks left and kind of panicking to loose as much weight as i can, even if its 7 pounds

On extra easy you need to make sure one third of your plate is superfree veg or fruit - that helps to limit the amount of free food you eat . Or you could limit the pasta by having other free foods instead eg lentils, pulses, cous cous etc

But if you are concerned you could do a few red days as well

thanks circes for the help. Im currently on ww at the moment but am rethinking of doing sw for the last 8-9 weeks that I have left. I am def loosing weight with ww prob between 1-2 pounds a week, just wondered what the weight loss would be with sw, is it still possible to loose 1-2 pounds a week with sw when yr only 1 stone away from target, i know everyones dif and have dif weight loss but just wondered if that average was still possible???

It was for me - I actually lost 4 pounds the week I got to target which was more than any week before

But everyone is different and the only way you will find out is to try it - and I suppose you need to weigh up the benefits of SW against perhaps not losing as much each week

And of course how easy it will be to continue with the plan after you get to target because it doesnt stop then!

oh wow circes thats really good, u lost 4 pounds to get to target thats excellent. i think ile stick to ww for the mean time and when it takes its toll ile give sw a go, i do enjoy ww due to its flexability but hate the fact the points run out and there after you cant even grab a fruit where as with sw u dont have that prob, i guess they both have their pros/cons...i do miss my platefull of pasta with ragu sauce as part of my syns and my cheese allowence grated on top, yummy, if i were to eat that on ww it will cost me like 15 points haha

Just bear in mind that you need to have at least 7lbs to lose if you want to join SW. if you are any closer to your target than that they would not let you join.

Good luck!

thanks for that circes, i am aware of that policy. I was actually planning on doing it at home, but hold on looks like im going to have to join to log in online to get the syns...before you could log in with the password bt they changed the system now:( i really dont want to join the class as im happily doing it DIY, but i need to get the syn values

Back