Will I turn into a skinny b****?

katieo

I know how funny that title must look, but I am in the process of finding out exactly why I overeat.

I have always felt that being big has made me a nicer person, being that I have always had to work a little harder to be liked. Sometimes when I look at my skinny friends and my skinny sister I think, OMG I NEVER want to be like them, they are soooo self obsessed!!! At times can be extremely ignorant and thoughtless. I know very well that know-one is perfect and I love them to bits but I really don't want to end up like them.

My sis says sometimes that I put others before myself and she is absolutley right, I do! But at the same time she would be one of the first to be put out if i did put myself first cos I do alot for her.

Sorry to moan on but this is something that has bugged me for years and has kind of given me an excuse (among many others) to not do something about my weight so i need to let go of it.

CD has given me the perfect opportunity to do something for ME so i am making a start on taking care of my needs.

I want to be slim, but I also want to stay the same caring and thoughtful person I am now............surely there has to be a balance!

X katie

i totally know where u r coming from with this but in all honesty, i dont think ur personality will change, just ur confidence.

Ive known a few big women who have developed a fab personality and humour in order to "compensate" their size and they have lost the weight and stayed just as lovely and funny. One of them sometimes seems guilty about being slim...like she doesnt deserve to look good and whatnot but i think the charactor stays so try not to worry.

anyways...im sure we will tell u if u turn into a b**** :p

Hi Katie,
Good thread ! I think if you are a nice person you always will be and vice versa really. But I have found as I have been size 28/30 most of my life until now that I am oh so nice all the time even to people who use me because of feeling so awful. I thought I had to be nice for people to like me and that mattered so much:eek:

I think I am still nice (well I would wouldn't I :D ) but I also know that I don't care so much if people like me or not and I won't put up with rubbish, insensitive people, users etc. I have really changed in that respect and it feels healthier.:) So a little bit of self-interest is healthy but not self-obsession I agree.

I think you will stay lovely whatever your size ! My OH keeps saying that I am still me but thinner !

Back