Will power spurred on by self loathing?

Dany

Something occurred to me yest, after reading all the very positive messages on here. I'm wondering if my view point is the very thing that has stopped me sticking to a diet for more than a month each time, or whether its natural to dis-like the way you look?

As soon as I get that chocolate pang, my brain suddenly fills me with that feeling when I look in the mirror and that surely is quite a negative feeling. I guess things will change once ive started loosing some weight as I can hold onto the thought of heading in the right direction.

Any thoughts on staying positive in these first few weeks? Maybe its also when all the toxins etc are leaving and the body is missing the sugar and caffine.

Sorry for the ramblings, I hope I explained myself, I just really dont want to fail again.

Self loathing in my opinion is what leads to the downfall of so many diets. You have to start loving yourself, and believing that as a good person you deserve better. Self loathing may kick start you into a diet but it wont keep you going for very long. Try not to get negative, treat yourself to non food treats, tell yourself you deserve them. Think about how healthier food is so much better for you mentally and for your body.

Be single minded about staying away from the food you shouldnt eat. Make yourself rules and write them down. Read them like a mantra, you can make yourself believe you can do it, a kind of self hypnosis.

My downfall wasnt chocolate it was fast food and I vowed not to go there, 'Dont go through the door' was my mantra.

It wont be long before you start looking and feeling so much better and that will keep you going.

Mmmm same - fast food was my downfall aswell. I would go on binges. Not just satisfied with McDonalds (or unable to decide!) i would go to kfc etc at the same time and have various burgers :-S

Not good - but Im on top of it now. Good luck X

You can turn your self loathing around, if you overcome those pangs and work through it you will start to love what you see and feel. Don't let those pangs take over thats why we all fail and feel even worse.
Totally with Lynn, have treats none food lined up, ever what floats your boat, new pair of shoes, spa day and a million other things. Mine is a piece of clothing I would not normally allow myself for money reasons but believe I deserve it.

Im starting to feel a bit better now thanks guys, i did a bit of exercise yest and although im aching, i seem to be finding things much easier!

Back