Will someone give me a telling off please?

Twinklecheeks

I just can't stop picking!!!! I'll have a couple of chips off my daughters plate or a mouthful of my OH's delicious looking meal. Or a crisp or two, or a bite of toast!!! So annoyed but just can't seem to stop! I've just changed my signature and condensed it down cause it was too long and it's just made me realise how little I've actually lost over the last couple of months. I'm pretty certain that it's down to picking. I really want to get back on it and focus cause I would really like to lose another 2 stone by May so I'm at goal for my bridesmaid dress fitting! What can I do to motivate me and stop me putting things in my mouth?? Just feel peckish all the time. Why do I have to be a fatty? Lol not fair!!!!

Whinge over...I hope!!!

:asskick:
Seriously though - just draw a line under it and consider today (or tomorrow if you've already been picking!) as day 1 and a fresh start.
One thing I read was to only eat sitting down - you could try this so even if you swipe a crisp in passing you have to sit before eating - it might give you time to stop and think n hopefully chuck it away!!! You could also try to avoid your hubby's dinner etc for a few days til you get 'in the zone'!! Best of luck x

If you pick all the time, chances are that you won't be in ketosis, therefore you'll be hungry. It's a vicious circle.

So give yourself a chance, STOP PICKING for a week then look at the results on the scales.

Others will be along shortly to give you a kick up the bum. Well done for posting though, it Shows you want to stop and you've identified it's causing a problem.

Thanks for my telling off :) some good ideas that I will definitely try. It is so difficult. Before Christmas for 13 weeks I was so 'in the zone' and Found it relatively easy on LT, then when I started back in Jan it's been so much harder to get back on it. I NEED to do this so thank you.

Anyone else there available to tell me off too???. The more who tell me off the more I'll listen ( hopefully ) xxxx

STOP PICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously its obviously making you miserable. This is going to sound silly but everytime i see something i would repeat in my head 'fat fat fat' so far its worked. Try & make stuff that you dont really like or drink a shake as your putting out their meal so that your hands are busy with your stuff. I hope you get back on track : ))))))))

I remember as a child, my mum used to tell me off for trying to pick my scabs off on my knees. You are picking, and every time you pick you are making it worse.......you know you can do it and get in the zone. Just walk away from any temptations and if you have a temptation in your hand count to 10 before you even attempt to put it in your mouth and talk loud to self giving self telling off and how it is really not worth it.
There another telling off..........ps, I did stop picking at scars on my knees but they took a long time to heal - wish I had listened to my mum's advice!!!

gum or sugar fee polos help me, maybe write everything you have picked (everything) it might help to kerb any stray things that might jump into your mouth x

Chewing gum, tricks the stomach into thinking your going to eat food and it starts to release gastric acids, which I have been told can damage the lining as theres no food. So I would not use chewing gum all the time.

Hey Twinklecheeks - how are you getting on today? any picking so far? I think Cable's suggestion of having to write it all down is a really good one - do it before you eat (I used to do that on atkins and it definitely helped me not to stray cos I had to get out my notebook and pen etc and then I'd think I didn't want to see whatever it was in my notebook - might start that again!!) I think if you can break the mindlessness of the eating it will help

Thanks again guys. No picking from me today :) and none yesterday after writing this thread. Just need to stick at it now :) I had a couple of pieces of chewing gum yesterday which I found did help but as Nasher said don't want to do it all the time as it does release gastric juices and can make you hungrier. Can we have sugar free polos? My fear with those would be that I'd go through a packet very quickly like they're sweets. Might have a packet in my pocket at work though to stop me going in the sweetie drawer. Also TOTM arrived today and I'm always hungrier so think that has been the main issue. Gonna focus now...only one more pound until I hit my '6 stone' loss and then will have 2 stone to go to goal...the end is in sight...kind of lol xxx

Little pickers wear bigger knickers!!!

This phrase haunts me!!! Lol... Stops me though!!!

X

i always have the sugar free polo's and sugar free gum just in case i dont use all of the time, its a bit of a detterrant

as i'm just starting i'm just trying to avoid all other food! strange how i seem to see it everywhere though!
I used to finish the kids dinner if they didnt finish it - so currently avoiding post dinner times until I'm into this a bit more (4th day today)
i do find it hard to throw uneaten bits of food away - however heard someone on web say thats the equivalent of using your body as a bin which put me off!

Back