Will this work??

kerry b

Silver Member
I have a craving for cheeseburgers but not a burger with cheese on top. I really want a burger with cheese in the middle. I was going to cover some baby bel cheese with pork burger mixture, fry to seal then cook in the oven. Do you think this would work and how long would you cook it for the cheese to melt.

Help. Please. Thank you

Thanks Sarah, thought i'd seen it somewhere but could only find "normal" cheeseburgers. Will try the bbq section.:)

Yes, they do work - we don't pan seal first (v lazy!) and bake for around 40 mins in a medium hot oven - very yummy!!!! They also george foreman well but more risk of cheese leakage this way!

Mmm sounds delish, may have to give this a go

Thanks cherry-pie. Im off to make them now. Im soo looking forward to them that they will probabaly be a disappointment. cant wait, think it may have to be an early dinner

I love me a Juicy Lucy, so nice with the melty cheese inside!!We just grill our Juicy Lucy's. Make burger patties as usual (extra lean mince, minisculely sliced onions and peppers and egg for binding) and then place a wee cheese chunk on one thin patty and add another one and grill on a medium heat for about 20mins turning once.

Well the cheese leaked out a bit but other than that they were gorgeous. Will def do them again. Thanks ladies

Oh this sounds delicious - fab idea with the babybels - I'll definitely be getting some on my next shopping trip to try this :D

Back