Willpower - We can do it!!

olivia o

Day 1 :
I'm so happy that my day 1 is about to over without fail. I kept on drinking lots of water to make me full. Spring Cleaned the whole house to keep me busy through out the day.
Shakes & soup taste not too bad. A bit powdery but quite filling for about 3 hrs. Put a bit of ice cubes in the shake & it tastes much better (this is my consultant's tip)
I switched channel every time I saw foods on tv :)
I tried not to talk about foods with my friends/family. Had a little craving for cookies after my very light dinner But I managed to get rid of that craving. WILLPOWER!!
Sleeping tonight very early to end the day.
Overall, Well done me for passing day 1 !!
And I'm looking for tomorrow to try new flavour shakes & soup & to be slim very soon :)

Good night everyone xox

Last edited:
Definitely well done for getting through the first day!!! Hope day 2 goes as smoothly for you!

Day 2
I'm on SS + and my weigh in next 7days.
Today, I felt hungrier than day 1 but I didn't let any naughty food to pass my lips :) Hopefully, my stomach will get used to it very soon & not feeling hungry any more.
So far, I really like the taste of Vanilla shake. Yum yum.
For lunch, I had Oriental Chilli Soup with crushed fresh garlic , green chilli & coriander. So so delicious. I have to be creative with herbs & spices rather than drinking boring plain soup. As for dinner, i minced the turkey breast meat & mixed it with dried crushed chilli flakes. I then made them into little meat balls & boil them. Let me tell u they are lovely. I just can't survive on eating tasteless chicken/turkey breast meat.

Bye for now. Good night everyone xox

Thanks Laura.
Hopefully, it will get easier after day 4/5 as u said :)
I'm on SS plus at the moment. What about u? Anyway, good luck with ur diet :)

Tizzy51, U lost 21lbs!! Congratulations and I really envy u :) Way to go, girl !
By the way, I like ur profile pic :)

hiya, im doing ss but so far dont like any of the soups or porridges my fav are mint choc shake and the choc ones both delish when made up hot mmm nom nom nom. i lost 13lbs in the first week and have my 2nd weigh in on wednesday so fingers crossed its a good number, hoping for about 5lb off.

it does get soo much easier after about day 4 or 5 just stick with it and drink loads of water lol xx

hiya, im doing ss but so far dont like any of the soups or porridges my fav are mint choc shake and the choc ones both delish when made up hot mmm nom nom nom. i lost 13lbs in the first week and have my 2nd weigh in on wednesday so fingers crossed its a good number, hoping for about 5lb off.

it does get soo much easier after about day 4 or 5 just stick with it and drink loads of water lol xx
Congratulation to your 13lbs loss! Good luck for tomorrow weigh in.
I'm gonna try hot mint choc/ choc shake soon.

Hey Olivia, how're you getting on? What exciting shakes/flavours are you going to try today? I really like the vanilla shake (sweet and creamy). Also like having the strawberry one for breakfast. Toffee and walnut is ok, and the one I really really didn't like is the butterscotch, tho' some people love it! Tomato is my (current) favourite soup and I like the peanut crunch and chocolate bars (not sure you get these yet - I had to wait a couple of weeks).

We're having a major thunder and lightening storm here - I'm going to start the day with porridge and a dash of cinnamon. Got some milled flax seed recently so I will add that. Never had it before - supposed to be very good for you - so am interested in how it tastes. Course, just about anything could improve the porridge.... :p

tizzy51 said:
Hey Olivia, how're you getting on? What exciting shakes/flavours are you going to try today? I really like the vanilla shake (sweet and creamy). Also like having the strawberry one for breakfast. Toffee and walnut is ok, and the one I really really didn't like is the butterscotch, tho' some people love it! Tomato is my (current) favourite soup and I like the peanut crunch and chocolate bars (not sure you get these yet - I had to wait a couple of weeks).

We're having a major thunder and lightening storm here - I'm going to start the day with porridge and a dash of cinnamon. Got some milled flax seed recently so I will add that. Never had it before - supposed to be very good for you - so am interested in how it tastes. Course, just about anything could improve the porridge.... :p

Hi tizzy, i'm doing great. How's your diet going?
I also like the taste of vanilla shake..it's like eating ice cream ..yum yum
I particularly hate leek & potato soup.. So salty & didn't enjoy it at all. As I'm still on day4, havnt got any bar yet. I'm dying to munch on something !!
Hope u r safe during thunder storm & bad weather. How's the taste of the porridge with flaxseed? My consultant didn't introduce me any porridge at all.. I'll ask her next week in.

Day 3
Woke up with slight headache & light headed through out the day. I've been feeling very cold & hopefully this is part of my body fat burning process.
Had potato & leek soup for lunch & didn't enjoy it at all. It's too salty for me. Had a hard boiled egg for snack & so so yummy..Wish I could have it everyday.

Day 4
Feeling better than the first tough 3days. Had vegetable soup for lunch.. Taste Not bad i think. Had a craving for mandarin or any fruit. I told myself that I can have all these back only after I reach my weight loss goal :) Now be patience

Good night everyone xox

Definitely ask about the porridge - I get the normal (plain) one and a maple flavoured one. The flaxseed added a surprisingly nice taste as well as a bit more texture to the porridge - I definitely will do that again. We don't have potato & leek soup for ss 500 cal (I think my CDC sells it for ss 800 cal and up), but good to know that it's salty. Wonder if it makes you retain water? Given the amount we drink, that would be a bit of a disaster! :p

I have an egg or a bit of turkey/chicken breast on days I work out...I like it so much I try to work out 4-5 days a week. :) And when I really, really need something to chew I have celery - 1 stalk is 5-7cal, almost no carbs and you burn as many cals digesting it as you do ingesting it. The tough part of that is I then get to thinking how much better it would taste with peanut butter or tuna or something! Sigh.

My aunt who has been visiting for about a week returns to the US tomorrow. I took her to a fab restaurant where we had a great meal (won't go into details as I'll just start to drool on my keyboard). Tomorrow I need to be 100%, workout and drink loads of water...but I enjoyed the meal and don't regret it. Real life does intrude from time to time - the trick is in how you deal with it. I told someone recently that you can't fail if you don't quit - am so pleased I haven't and this forum has helped a whole lot with that!

Have a great night and look at you! You're more than 1/2 way through week 1. Woo hoo!!!!

Woo hoo!!! Well done! That is a wonderful loss! You are on your way! :)

Good for you! You may want to consider updating your profile information to reflect your losses and improvement in BMI. Well done!!!

That is an excellent loss! How come your current weight on the profile (on left of page) still shows 10st3.7lb? Shouldn't it be 9st7?

tizzy51 said:
That is an excellent loss! How come your current weight on the profile (on left of page) still shows 10st3.7lb? Shouldn't it be 9st7?

Yes tizzy 51, I'm supposed to edit that part :)

It's the start of my second week on SS and towards the end of the first week I was almost ready to give up! I hated all the liquid and not being able to eat normal food.

But then I had my weigh in...I lost 7 pounds in the first week and 2 inches from round my stomach!!

This has properly motivated me. I just hope I can get to the size I want. I still feel sceptical.

Keep up the good work guys.

Laura x

Back