Discover Wilma-Bride's Slim for Summer (and for life) Diary

wilma-bride

My name is Joh (short for Joanne) and I am 39 years old. I made a decision the day I turned 39 (just under 2 months ago) that I did not want to be 'Fat and Forty'. I lost 11lbs before Easter and then, while off work for a fortnight, managed to put nearly all of it back on.

With a holiday in August fast approaching, none of my clothes fitting me any more and the big 'four-oh' on the horizon, I gave myself a swift kick up the butt and decided to start all over again (for about the millionth time).Yes, folks, like a lot of people, I am a yo-yo dieter. At my heaviest, I have been 14st 10lbs and at my lightest (since childhood/teens), I have been 11st 3lbs.

I briefly considered WW pro-points but just couldn't get my head aound it. Old-style WW (Discover Plan) has worked for me in the past so one would assume there is no reason for it not to work for me now (if only I can get used to sticking to my points allowance every day).

I started the diet the Monday I returned to work after that fateful Easter (16th April), weighing in at 14st 1lbs and so far have lost a measly 4lbs, however I will be honest and admit that I have not stuck to the plan at weekends. Clearly, that isn't going to work and, therefore, I have decided that the only thing to do is write it all down here so there is no getting away with pretending I didn't eat that KFC/pizza/Mcdonalds/whole bar of Galaxy Caramel.

My daily points allowance (by my reckoning) is 20 and I am also aiming to walk (I am not built for running) on the treadmill for 2 miles at least 3 times a week. I tend to eat the same things on weekdays and I graze during the day, rather than having fixed meals. Not sure if this might be where I am going wrong? So, I will be putting it all here and hopefully some of you wonderful people will chip in and let me know what you think or if I'm doing anything wrong.

Last edited:
So, given that I haven't been tracking (other than in my head) and therefore not writing down what I have eaten every day, I will just start from today:

Thursday 10th May 2012

Breakfast: Cornflakes (no milk) - 1.5pts

Lunch: 4 x Tuc crackers - 2pts, Packet of Sunbites crisps - 2pts, Packet of Iced Gems - 1.5pts

Dinner: Gammon steak - 3.5 pts, Home-made wedges (250g uncooked weight) - 2.5pts, omelette (1 egg) - 1.5pts

Snacks:
apple - 1pt, Quavers - 1.5pts, marshmallows - 1pt

Total: 18pts

Last edited:
So, today is WI day and, for the second week running, I STS :(

This week is gonna be my week. Normally, I would just eat whatever I wanted (within reason) on WI day but I've decided I really need to track every day from now on, so here is today's intake...

Friday 11th May 2012

Breakfast: Toast (dry) - 1pt

Lunch: Cornflakes (no milk) - 1.5pts, Tuc crackers x 4 - 2pts, Iced Gems - 1.5pts

Dinner: Chipolata sausages x 4 - 4pts, waffle fries - 3pts, slice of bread - 1pt

Snacks: Crunchie - 4pts, Sunbites - 2pts

Total: 20pts

Last edited:
So, normally on Saturday, my diet goes out of the window. Well, not today my friends...

Saturday 12th May 2012

Breakfast: 2 slices toast with marmalade - 2.5pts

Lunch:
2 crumpets - 3pts, Chipsticks - 1.5pts

Dinner: Caramelised chicken - 6.5pts, New potatoes - 3pts, butternut squash - 0pts

Snacks: Dairy Milk (small) - 2.5pts

Total: 19pts

Last edited:
hi hun, just popping by to say hello! well done for doing a diary, it really helps keep track.

discover plan worked for me on ww but i did find i had better losses when i had better meals and ate more veg. think its because of all the salt Im snacky stuff. but you do have to do what works for you.

good luck x

hi hun, just popping by to say hello! well done for doing a diary, it really helps keep track.

discover plan worked for me on ww but i did find i had better losses when i had better meals and ate more veg. think its because of all the salt Im snacky stuff. but you do have to do what works for you.

good luck x

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. I must admit, I am not the biggest fan of veg (or fruit) but I have recently discovered butternut squash and love it roasted so try to include it with most meals so I cut down on the amount of potatoes I have. I do like my snacks though (as you've probably noticed).

I feel like I've done really well this weekend and, as long as I stick to it through the week, I should have a good loss on Friday :)

Last edited:
Well, my son had a football tournament this morning. We had to leave at 7.15am and I made sure I had breakfast so I wouldn't be tempted by the bacon butties they were serving. We did have a McDonalds after the matches, though, but I made sure I stuck to what I'd planned to have.

Sunday 13th May 2012

Breakfast: 2 slices toast with marmalade - 2.5pts

Lunch: McChicken Sandwich (no mayo) - 5pts, medium fires - 5.5pts

Dinner: Bacon omelette - 2.5pts, waffle fries - 2pts

Snacks: Quavers - 1.5pts, Dairy Milk (small) - 2.5pts

Total:
21.5pts

Last edited:
Just finished a delicious dinner and managed to walk 2 miles on the treadmill tonight so feeling very pleased with myself. Here's today's food diary so far...

Monday 14th May 2012

Breakfast: Toast (dry) - 1pt

Lunch: 4 x Krackawheat - 2pts, Hula Hoops - 2pts, Iced Gems - 1.5pts

Dinner: Turkey breast steak - 2.5pts, Tesco chunky chips - 4.5pts

Snacks: Apple - 1pt, pretzels - 1.5pts, Asda choc covered digestive bar - 2pts

Total: 18pts

Hey! Just popping by to wish u good luck and to say ur diary is looking good. Stick with it hun i have lost just over 93lb on discover since last March! :D

We are all here for support and i'll be popping back :) xxx

Hey! Just popping by to wish u good luck and to say ur diary is looking good. Stick with it hun i have lost just over 93lb on discover since last March! :D

We are all here for support and i'll be popping back :) xxx

Hi Nicola and thanks for the support. That is why I chose to stick with Discover. I know it works (it has worked for me several times). Congratulations on your fantastic loss :worthy:

I really hope I manage to lose it and keep it off this time. I am so sick of yo-yoing.

Tuesday 15th May 2012

Breakfast: Toast & marmalade - 1.5pts

Lunch: 4 x Krackawheat - 2pts, Hula Hoops - 2pts

Dinner: Bernard Matthews Southern Fried Chicken escalope - 4.5pts, potato wedges - 2.5pts

Snacks: Apple - 1pts, pretzels - 1.5pts, crunchie - 4pts

Last edited:
Sounds lovely menu :)

I'm the same, i want to lose this weight for good and not let the worry be part of my life anymore! we can do it x

I have been on a course with work for a couple of days. Nrmally, I would have just gone to the canteen with everyone else and ended up having a cheese baguette or something just as naughty but, this time, I took my normal snacks/lunch with me and ate in the training room at lunchtime.

Wednesday 16th May 2012

Breakfast:
Toast and marmalade - 1.5pts

Lunch: 4 x Krackawheat - 2pts, Hula Hoops - 2pts, Iced Gems - 1.5pts

I was so tired when I got home that I couldn't be bothered making anything much so just bunged some chicken nuggets in the oven

Dinner: Chicken nuggets - 4pts, bread - 1pt

Snacks: Apple - 1pt, Hula Hoops - 2pts, Pretzels - 1.5pts, mini Dairy Milk - 2.5pts

Total: 19 pts

Thursday 17th May 2012

Breakfast:
Toast - 1pt

Lunch: 5 x Krackawheat - 2.5pts, Quavers - 1.5pts, Iced Gems - 1.5pts

Dinner: Chicken - 3pts, rice - 3pts, butternut squah - 0pts

Snacks: Pretzels - 1.5pts, Walnut Whip - 3.5pts

Total: 17.5pts

Last edited:
Friday 18th May 2012

Breakfast:
Toast - 1pt, Cornflakes - 1.5pts

Lunch: 4 x Krackawheat - 2pts, Quavers - 1.5pts

Dinner: Treated myself to a chinese tonight - not entirely sure of points but going by the EOG...Sweet & Sour Chicken - 10pts, Chicken Fried Rice (1/2 portion) - 5pts

Total: 21pts

Last edited:
Saturday 19th May 2012

Breakfast: Toast and marmalade - 2.5pts

Lunch: Bacon and egg sandwich - 5pts

Dinner: Chicken gougons - 4.5pts, waffle fries - 3pts, raspberry sorbet - 1pt

Snacks: Pretzels - 1.5pts, mini Dairy Milk - 2.5pts

Total: 20pts

Morning. Just wanted to say hi. I have started on discovery yesterday, like you it worked for me in the past;i even got my 10% key ring on it ( many moons ago) i am writing my food down on an app i downloaded,as my phone is always with me, so if i bite it i write it lol, well thats the plan anyway. Have a good week x

Morning. Just wanted to say hi. I have started on discovery yesterday, like you it worked for me in the past;i even got my 10% key ring on it ( many moons ago) i am writing my food down on an app i downloaded,as my phone is always with me, so if i bite it i write it lol, well thats the plan anyway. Have a good week x

Hi and thanks for stopping by. Welcome back to WW Discover. Good luck with your first week :)

Sunday 20th May 2012

Breakfast:
Toast and marmalade - 2.5pts

Lunch: Crumpets - 3pts, Pom Bears - 1.5pts

Dinner:
Sausages - 3pts, bacon - 1pt, scrambled egg - 2pts, toast - 1pt, hash brown - 2pts

Snacks: Mars Ice Cream - 3pts

Monday 21st May 2012

Yay, it's Monday again (does anyone detect that note of sarcasm...) On a positive note, it is always nice to get on the scales on a Monday morning and weigh less than you did on the Friday before - score!!!!

Breakfast:
Toast - 1pt, cornflakes - 1.5pts

Lunch:
4 x Krackawheat - 2pts, Pom Bears - 1.5pts, Iced Gems - 1.5pts

Dinner:
Jacket potato - 3pts, cheddar cheese - 2pts, turkey breast - 2.5pts

Snacks:
Apple - 1pt, Pretzels - 1.5pts, Cadbury Caramel biscuit - 1.5pts

Total:
19pts

Tuesday 22nd May 2012

Breakfast: Crumpet - 1.5pts, cornflakes - 1.5pts