Wine!

kanslow

Hi!
I started slimming world 2 weeks ago and have so far lost 5 and a half pounds!
I find the food part of it relatively easy (alhough I must admit I miss some cereals, milkshakes and buttered toast!!!)

However, my problem is rose wine! I used to drink it at least 4 times a week but now I've had to limit myself to one!

I can't just have a glass, I end up drinking the whole bottle!

Anyway, I'm sure I read on another forum somewhere that the best wine for syns is Blossom Hill?

Does anyone know if this is correct or not? I've looked on the Slimming World website but it just has the syns for a glass of rose, not particular brands. So 4 glasses = 36 syns!!!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I also like a glass of wine in the evening, but to half fill a normal glass seems like I'm depriving myself. So I bought a small glass (100mls) which works out at 3.5 syns per glass & I have one or two of these in an evening & feel like I'm not badly done to.

If once you open a bottle you feel the need to drink it buy the smaller ones, but they do work out expensive. Or put the bottle out of sight.

Don't stop drinking;);)

Hi

Wine is one drink that will give you problems !!! firstly you count standard glass measures not the medium or large pub glasses. Many people especailly the ladies are shocked to find hoe small a standard measure is as not many bars sell this glass size of wine.

If you like your wine then I would say perhaps you should try spritzers as they are larger drinks and make you feel more satisfied ...... if size is what you like ( heheheheh!) this will help you out, especially with Christmas on its way.

Phil x

As far as I know all brands of wine are the same in syns. I do agree with getting the smaller glasses. I don't drink if I'm on my own but if OH opens a bottle when he's home I CANNOT sit back and watch him drink it, so we bought smaller glasses and I'm happy to let him have 2/3 to my 1 and it doesn't feel like I'm deprived. I'd like to give it up altogether for a few months to help my loss but I can't see that happening.

A standard bottle is 26 syns !! i know this because for ages i thort it was much less then realised i had accidentally looked at alcohol free wine !! :8855:
Hubby and i share a bottle at least once a week and as long as you count the syns and stay within your allowance-go on enjoy yourself:party0036:

A standard bottle is 26 syns !! i know this because for ages i thort it was much less then realised i had accidentally looked at alcohol free wine !! :8855:
Hubby and i share a bottle at least once a week and as long as you count the syns and stay within your allowance-go on enjoy yourself:party0036:

yep that's just it... having the will power to say within your allowance .... so many can't and forget how many they had, or can't stop knecking.

Oooooooo the demon drink LOL!

I must say most of the poor loses in our group are down to polydipsic ladies who love the vino. hic !

Phil x

Back