Wish I wrote things down.....

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Jennyonaplate, 9 December 2010 Social URL.

1. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just made quite possibly the best chicken and mushroom risotto for dinner, but I forgot to write down how much I used!

The only syn in it was some creme fraiche, which I cannot believe I have only just learnt is so low in syns!!!

Luckily i've got some leftovers for my lunch.

Next time i'll just have to remember to weigh things and write them down so I can share my rather marvellous dinner!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    That sounds delicious...do post it if you remember!

4. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'll do it properly next time, but was just onions & garlic softened, chicken browned, mushrooms added, then added the rice and then added chicken stock slowly. When it was almost cooked I stired through some Low Fat creme fraiche, only 2 tablespoons but it made it so lovely and creamy!

I wanted to send it to the SW website, but will need to get the proportions right first. I've already had one published, it's my mission to get a second on that site!!

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I think it is so important to write things down so you know exactly what you have. Small syns can easily turn into a big lot of syns if not careful!

6. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only syns in there was the creme fraiche, and I know how much of that I put in! I meant proportions of rice to stock to get the right consistency!

7. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I always make my risottos with whatever I have in, that way it's always different and that's how I like it!

However, these are my basic quantities..... I use 75g rice per person (makes a decent portion but not leftovers) and approx 70g of cooked shredded chicken per person ( I try to use a B choice worth of meat in a rice dish so if not following EE it's the correct amount) and I use a litre of stock.

So - for 2 I use 150g rice and 1 litre stock and 140g chicken.

I also use celery in my risotto base along with onion and garlic and I also add fresh parsely if I have any in (at the end)

I love risotto! x

8. Linzi_C

Linzi_C Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.05%)
    Ive always struggled with risotto...it always ends up stodgy lol...i think im going to have another attmept tomorrow!

9. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    my trick is to take it off the heat while it's still al-dente, as the residual heat from the rice continues to cook it.

10. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    How is this free? Where are the superfree!?!?

11. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was having a green day, with the chicken breast as a HEB, so the only sins was the creme fraiche.

But I had a vast amount of mushrooms and onions in there to bulk it out, so it wasn't just rice.

12. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I guess though the massive salad I had with it would make it suitable for EE though - just didn't think anyone would need a recipe for that, and I could probably just about remember how to pull salad from a bag next time I made it!!

13. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi jennonaplate this sounds good gonna give it a go :) have a good day p.s do u snip the bag of salad open or tear it with ur teeth hee hee lol

14. Jennyonaplate

Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooh, not sure I can remember now - dammit, knew I should've written it down!!! LOL!

I've got some leftovers for my lunch today and i can't wait for 12 o clock!! I'll make the office stink of garlic, but oh well!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.