Wish I wrote things down.....

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
I just made quite possibly the best chicken and mushroom risotto for dinner, but I forgot to write down how much I used!

The only syn in it was some creme fraiche, which I cannot believe I have only just learnt is so low in syns!!!

Luckily i've got some leftovers for my lunch.

Next time i'll just have to remember to weigh things and write them down so I can share my rather marvellous dinner!

That sounds delicious...do post it if you remember!

I'll do it properly next time, but was just onions & garlic softened, chicken browned, mushrooms added, then added the rice and then added chicken stock slowly. When it was almost cooked I stired through some Low Fat creme fraiche, only 2 tablespoons but it made it so lovely and creamy!

I wanted to send it to the SW website, but will need to get the proportions right first. I've already had one published, it's my mission to get a second on that site!!

I think it is so important to write things down so you know exactly what you have. Small syns can easily turn into a big lot of syns if not careful!

The only syns in there was the creme fraiche, and I know how much of that I put in! I meant proportions of rice to stock to get the right consistency!

I always make my risottos with whatever I have in, that way it's always different and that's how I like it!

However, these are my basic quantities..... I use 75g rice per person (makes a decent portion but not leftovers) and approx 70g of cooked shredded chicken per person ( I try to use a B choice worth of meat in a rice dish so if not following EE it's the correct amount) and I use a litre of stock.

So - for 2 I use 150g rice and 1 litre stock and 140g chicken.

I also use celery in my risotto base along with onion and garlic and I also add fresh parsely if I have any in (at the end)

I love risotto! x

Ive always struggled with risotto...it always ends up stodgy lol...i think im going to have another attmept tomorrow!

my trick is to take it off the heat while it's still al-dente, as the residual heat from the rice continues to cook it.

How is this free? Where are the superfree!?!?

I was having a green day, with the chicken breast as a HEB, so the only sins was the creme fraiche.

But I had a vast amount of mushrooms and onions in there to bulk it out, so it wasn't just rice.

I guess though the massive salad I had with it would make it suitable for EE though - just didn't think anyone would need a recipe for that, and I could probably just about remember how to pull salad from a bag next time I made it!!

ooh, not sure I can remember now - dammit, knew I should've written it down!!! LOL!

I've got some leftovers for my lunch today and i can't wait for 12 o clock!! I'll make the office stink of garlic, but oh well!

Back