WK 13 - WI ON REFEED

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Oh well, +0.9lbs on folks! Gutted or what, but I know it is water and nothing more....but still doesnt make it any easier.

I tell you TFR is so much easier than eating ;-)

I have another week of Refeed before my holiday and then will be back on TFR 14 September when I get back.

Hope you are all having a good day.

I think refeeding sounds terrifying, so blooming well done!!!

Chin up Scotsmist and keep at it, you'll be fine. And you've got a fab holiday to look forward to which will keep you motivated.

I know what your feeling though. I decided to do this journey in 2 parts taking a break after losing the first 2 stone and I found eating quite difficult & frustrating. Luckily with all my struggles, I didn't gain over the 4 months I had off and managed to prove to myself and others that the weight can be kept off but you really have to change your lifestyle and mindset to do so.

Fingers crossed for you & good luck.

I think refeeding sounds terrifying, so blooming well done!!!

Elle, seriously, it is...I have gone through every emotion as you can see from my refeed sheet on the forum...today has been the worst...blanket of depression, but it is lifting as I am recognising that I have a carb problem...going to go and get tested for it as it has highlighted the problem once again!

When you start to eat, the ball is in your court and it is the choices you make that are important.....thankfully I have followed refeed to the letter, but it is still a struggle...demons come out in force :)!!!

You are doing brill by the way :) Must admit, cant wait now to get back to my lovely shakes :)

Chin up Scotsmist and keep at it, you'll be fine. And you've got a fab holiday to look forward to which will keep you motivated.

I know what your feeling though. I decided to do this journey in 2 parts taking a break after losing the first 2 stone and I found eating quite difficult & frustrating. Luckily with all my struggles, I didn't gain over the 4 months I had off and managed to prove to myself and others that the weight can be kept off but you really have to change your lifestyle and mindset to do so.

Fingers crossed for you & good luck.

Oh so true indeed....thanks Ghost..good to know it is achievable and I am determined never to look back and to be the way I was....life is too good now, but I think the first week is just so mind blowing and I really didnt want to eat carbs, but I knew I had to....double edged sword I am afraid.

Was frighted to post but thought Rough with the Smooth...etc, etc :)

i think that's a result hun! like you say, just water and not even one pound!!

well done you've done great! xxx

Thanks Sarah
I am trying to get some before/after pics which I think will make me realise how far I have come! But, made me ever more determined to get back on when I come back!
Thanks again Sarah...I dont know where I would be without this forum.....over 3 stones heavier for one!!!!!

You have done amazing in such a short time
and in another short time you will be shaking again and lighter :)

debz x

Hey

Sorry to hear that, but as you've said, it's just water weight & you've been ever so careful about following re-feed from what I've read. You've achieved so much so far :)

I have to say, I agree with everyone else though - the thought of eating again scares me a bit, hehe, so at least now you know what to expect!

Good luck for your next week!

Hannah

Hey

Sorry to hear that, but as you've said, it's just water weight & you've been ever so careful about following re-feed from what I've read. You've achieved so much so far :)

I have to say, I agree with everyone else though - the thought of eating again scares me a bit, hehe, so at least now you know what to expect!

Good luck for your next week!

Hannah

Thanks Hannah; yes, I will be a bit more prepared once I come on TRF again and then refeed! Will be pro by that point :)

Hi Scotsmist,
Please don't let this set you back, look at it in perspective it is .9 of a lb, barely readable on a scales. It was your first refeed week and your body is now getting water from food as well as what you are drinking and it's hard for it to know what to do with the excess. I firmly believe it will all work out over the next week and once you get into the rythmn of it you will be fine. You have done brilliantly on this and you can do brilliantly whilst eating. Enjoy, relax and best of luck.
Doirin

Hi Scotsmist,
Please don't let this set you back, look at it in perspective it is .9 of a lb, barely readable on a scales. It was your first refeed week and your body is now getting water from food as well as what you are drinking and it's hard for it to know what to do with the excess. I firmly believe it will all work out over the next week and once you get into the rythmn of it you will be fine. You have done brilliantly on this and you can do brilliantly whilst eating. Enjoy, relax and best of luck.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin....I know, and I am still having a lot of water as well! Maybe too much; still having around 3-4 litres as well as eating....

Trying to relax ;-)!!!

Thanks again for your words of support

I tell you TFR is so much easier than eating ;-)

I agree 100%! That is my fall down every time. Eating!

Well done! That is purely water. Enjoy the hols and try not to obsess too much about the food. Just try to eat healthy. This all has to be a balance. You have to live and enjoy life too. You will sort any minor blips out when you come back and go back on tfr.

Thanks Sara

Yes, kinda getting my head around it today and will refeed one more week then off to Turkey I go :)

I am planning on eating healthily whilst away plus I dont really drink alcohol, so dont have any problems there! Will stick to my sparkly water, which I have got a taste for now!! Wierd..the things LT does to your palate!

Thanks again

I sympathise with you, I gained during my first refeed week even though I stuck to the sheet to the letter. It's galling when others lose. Hang in there and you may find it goes by next week.

Have a fantastic time in Turkey.

x

I sympathise with you, I gained during my first refeed week even though I stuck to the sheet to the letter. It's galling when others lose. Hang in there and you may find it goes by next week.

Have a fantastic time in Turkey.

x

Oh Cuddly, honestly, you dont know what that means to me...sounds awful, but I hadnt noticed anyone else put on in refeed week!!! Glad there is someone else.....sounds nasty, but I dont mean it to be! So, it must be something about our body type maybe!!!!

It is hard esp when I didnt have fruit, etc...when I could have, but decided not to, as I was worried about the carb thing...just shows you! Oh, and I up'd the exercise as well!!! Oh, well, I suppose it is the miracle of LT!! We never know what will happen from one week to the next.

I am ok now, and thanks for your wee message :)

I cant wait for Turkey..normally I am not so enthusiastic as I usually feel like a blob, but not this time though ;-)!!!!

Back