Wolf's Journey to lose 8 stone (2st12Ib gone)

Wolf

Slimming for a better lifestyle
Hi! I'm Lisa. I've been floating about on these forums for a couple of years now, as I've been doing Slimming World on and off. However, I've never really got on with SW. From a truly awful consultant when I tried a group to see-sawing on my own as an online member, it just never really "clicked" for me. I managed to lose about a stone and a half but it took me ages. Then, I recently discovered MyFitnessPal and it's literally changed my life! I have full control over what I eat and I love it. I'm not a big snack person, my main issue was eating portions that were too big. SW never helped me with that, with it's "unlimited" pasta and potato rule. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit OCD and MFP, with it's calculating everything I eat, is perfect. For the first time ever I feel completely in control and not like I'm on a diet. :D

I'm currently on around 1700 calories a day but I frequently eat less than that as I cook healthy meals from scratch most of the time. I also often skip breakfast. My main rule is to only eat if I'm really hungry. I'm losing around 1 to 2 pounds a week so it would seem the calories are at a good level at the moment.

I'd like to get to around 9.5st to 10st. My main motivation at the moment is a trip to Orlando, Florida in October. The last time we went, a few years ago, I managed to lose some weight to get to 14st. It was not nearly as much as I wanted to lose and I was really disappointed with myself. I'm determined to smash that this time.

2lb loss this week. :D

Still finding the calorie counting insanely easy. I'm quite often finding that I'm under my daily calories and end up having a glass of chocolate milk or fruit juice in the evenings. I don't want to lower my calories just yet though as it does let me go a little crazy sometimes, like having a couple of sneaky Ginsters pies for dinner the other night! Well worth the 900 odd calories!

Hi Lisa

I also do calorie counting and like you, I find it really easy. I am really close to my target now so my weightloss has slowed a lot but I love that I have lost 3 stone and still find it so easy :)

I've done SW at home on and off for years but never stuck to it for more than a few months at a time. i've been doing CC now for over a year, it's so easy because I can have cheat days and not worry.

MFP is also my best friend. I log absolutely everything except on my cheat days. It's also good for remembering recipes.

Going to Orlando is a great incentive to lose weight. I love Orlando, whereabouts are you staying?

Well done on your loses so far, I'm sure you will get nearer to your target by Orlando Time :)

Yep, MFP is great isn't it! Sooo easy to log everything. It's really made me sort my portion sizes out, which were out of control even when I did SW.

We're staying in a villa in the Four Corners area this time. Last time we were further south east, in Kissimmee, so much closer this time! I can't wait, it's my favourite place! :D

Back