Woman claims she can't afford to eat healthily...

:badmood:WTF - surely this isn't for real. Having her hair highlighted???? Gym membership.
Doesnt she already qualify for free/low price entry to council gyms at the local lesuire centre.

I would like togive her a f~~king kick up the ar#e. People like that make me sick.

I would have liked to have my full maternity leave with my newborn baby but because of the current economic climate i had to return to work when "turtle" was 12 days old. Why? so i can support people like that!!!!!!!!!:rant2::rant2::rant2:

I also know that i have to do something about my weight so that i dont miss work with illness at some later stage. (finacially wouldn't survive if god forbid it happened again) yet we are paying for our own cd diet. :rant2:

(Takes a big breath and slowly breathes out)
Feel better know.
xoxox

I don't think I could put on a stone in 3 weeks. It's easier on CD because of the increase when you blip, but on a normal diet, no. You'd need to consume 2350 calories more than your BMR to do that. I don't even have that many a day! Her BMR would be around 2200 based at 22 stone. According to my handy calorie calculator she'd need to be consuming 3300 a day to maintain 22 stone, if she did hardly anything today at all she'd need 3050 to maintain. So to put on a stone in 3 weeks, that means she must have been consuming 5400 to 5650 calories a day! That's a huuuuuge amount of calories.

And like Guru said, what annoys me isn't so much her weight and what she does about it. That's her choice. But to do that when taxpayers have paid 8 grand for her gastric band and are about to pay 12 grand for her tummy tuck... that's what I have an issue with. And that she dares to sit there and say that she can't afford to eat healthily. Ridiculous.

Whilst I do not agree with her attitude, I think it's a bit unfair the article brushes over the fact she did lose 8 stones by herself. Nevertheless, the fact she was able to do, so shows she can do it; to me, she appears to be greedy. A lot of more deserving people could do with £340 a month she gets.

Dont know if anyone else hade said it too angry after reading that to look but GRRRGGGGGGGGG

'It's heartbreaking that after all my hard work losing this weight someone's come along and ruined it.'

All your hard work?? Sorry what hard work was that hard working making yourself that big so you got free surgery?????? Then lost 16 and cant be bothered with eating an apple sometimes so are just putting it back on?? And someone has ruined it??? You could just step away from the crisps and chocolate??? Surely there are other cheap foods?

Its not hard to lose weight after your stomach has been shrunk by that much! You shouldnt be able to eat more than a few mouthfuls of anything!

Sorry I know some people find it hard to lose weight but to then blame putting back on someone else?

Hard work pfttttttttftttfttttttttttttttttttttt

She must have worked quite hard at first though, she lost 8 stone herself.

Haha, I read the article in the Daily Express (not much better than the Daily Mail, lol - but it does have Rupert the bear! :D). I don't class myself as right-wing (I consider myself to be a libertarian actually) but people who choose to live off the state like this woman does are just taking the p*ss out of the rest of us - sorry! :eek:

Hmmm that's kind of sad really that she is so dependant on benefits that she doesn't actually have the wherewithall to get the money she needs via employment rather than the government. I hope she doesn't get the extra money, it may make her get her act together...

I don't know about anyone else, but if I lost 8 stone on my own, I'd probably not want the risky surgery and keep going on my own. :confused:

this womans attitude is disgusting i cant believe that someone can get dla so easily and at higher rates, my sons disabled and every 2 years we have to re do all the forms and fight to the bitter end to get his award for him, but if his development improved no way would i be expecting to get the same rate just because we wanted more money. just one thing though dont tar everyone on benefits with the same brush i know that in the papers you purely hear about the wastes of space and their gravy trains, but im on benefits well carers allowance for caring for my son. i just dont like phrases like "those kind of people" ie on benefits as im not happy to be lumped into a group with freeloaders.

horrocks she cant eat healthily though i get a lot less money than that and manage, maybe ditch the highlights love

why do you all read such trash. it's bound to get you worked up! that's their aim. tabloid newspapers are the worst.

wtf??!!??!! makes me mad!!!!!!!! x x

think it just highlights the fact that just dealing with the weight is not enough, her weight is obviously a symptom of something else and until she deals with it she'll keep putting on weight
hope she learns soon as there's no point treating the symptoms you've got to treat the illness
i lost 5 stone a few years ago and put it all and then some back on. i am determined not to do it again

she did lose 8 stone herself so maybe she should have been encouraged to carry on with it rather than giving her surgery
my doctor offered surgery and i ran to cambridge. surgery is not always the solution but seem to be often offered what good is without support
pity she didn't come on to minimins bet she would of had support and encouragement -
i read somewhere that her mother had died from obesity related illness, so there's obviously behaviour pattern here

Oh dear. surgery is not always the answer but sometimes it is.. i actually feel quite sorry for her as i know what the press are like and they pick things out to print that will shock and anger us. my daughters school were featured in a documentary a couple of years ago. and the actual programme wasnt so bad but the press all of them took parts of it to pieces, and made our life hell. all of it untrue and out of context. so maybe she could have tried to carry on with her diet but we all try that and 95% will put it back on. as for the operation wls is available on the nhs for anyone who meets the criteria. as are heart operations for those of us unlucky enough to suffer from that. give the girl a chance maybe and i dont know any more than anyone else but just maybe she will reach a healthy weight and get a job and participate in society, that would be a godd thing surely....

Back