Woman of the year 2013

Ooooh good luck to your sister! I just think I am an ordinary mum who lost weight :)

Ordinary is good. It shows other 'ordinary' people that they can do it too!

Well done and good luck :)

Ooooh good luck to your sister! I just think I am an ordinary mum who lost weight :)

Ordinary is good. It shows other 'ordinary' people that they can do it too!

Well done and good luck :)

Sorry - missed this (hence slow reply!)

It was 2 years ago, so not sure if they do it differently now but as far as i can remember i had to complete a mammoth application form. This was sent off with some photos I think to the Head office.

When you arrive they weigh you and measure you to make sure you qualify as far as being in the right weight range goes. I was right on the border!!! :D

There were quite a few people there so then they put you into 4/5 small groups of about 6. where you tell your SW story to the small group and its a timed talk. I had made a photo board to show my weight loss to date and put on before and after photos......Then there is a SW rep there and they decide on the top 2 best ones from the little groups- who are then put forward to talk to the whole room. So you are then either 'out' or have to do your talk again. At this stage the SW reps then choose the top 2 i think. These 2 then go onto the next stage which i think is at Head office! I am not sure how many regionals there are though and whether there is a next step as i didnt make it to the second talk part.

All the best - its a fun day - and there is a 'do you want to be a consultant' talk as well! x

Thanks so much hon your a star! Shane you didn't move on god knows what am going to talk about lok

You will be fine - write a few notes in case u get nervous xx u have lost such a lot of weight i think u will get through to the next step! Xx

Good lucky Gilly! I too am through to the next stage and kinda in a flummox about what my 'board' should look like and what not. Didn't realise they weighed you on the day too!

Fingers crossed for you and should we both get through to the next stage would be great to meet you! Xx

Thanks so much hon your a star! Shane you didn't move on god knows what am going to talk about lok

You will be fine - write a few notes in case u get nervous xx u have lost such a lot of weight i think u will get through to the next step! Xx

Good luck both - its a nice day out, albeit a little stressful doing a talk in front of people. (well i find that sort of thing a little stressful!) x

Back