woman of the year 2014

Yeah, I have been asked to do a short speech about my journey and why I joined slimming world etc

I just checked exactly what she said on her text and she said if people would like to show a before photo so not essential but my before photo is horrendous and maybe no harm to show it as you would notice the difference

Thanks guys, I'm getting nervous now as it is been done at about 6.30pm this evening

The group I attend they made a speech and passed before and after photos. It was really interesting to hear about people's lives outside the group and weight loss. Some people had experienced divorce, bereavement etc but weight loss giving them confidence. We then voted by adding names to bag and winner will be announced next class.

I just checked exactly what she said on her text and she said if people would like to show a before photo so not essential but my before photo is horrendous and maybe no harm to show it as you would notice the difference

Thanks guys, I'm getting nervous now as it is been done at about 6.30pm this evening

Good luck:thumbup: I'm sure you'll be amazing.

Thank you sweetierufus, it is lovely to be thought as by other people as inspiring, the last week has been hell on earth and this gave me the boost I needed, have to say though I would love to win it, it does great for your confidence to win something like this

How did it go Orla? x

Vavaness, would you believe I was up 1.5Ibs tonight, not sure why but I was HOWEVER I did get this tonight
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1407884139.428396.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congratulations! :)

Thanks lickthelid

does anyone know what I need to progress, any information would be very welcome

Vavaness, would you believe I was up 1.5Ibs tonight, not sure why but I was HOWEVER I did get this tonight
View attachment 149632

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah that's brilliant Orla! Delighted for you as you've had a rough time of late, so this is lovely for you! I saw your pic on facebook last night so I knew you won - you look brilliant Girl! Good on you! xxx :):clap::happy036:

Thanks a million for that, apparently I'm famous as a lot of people have seen that photo

Well done Orla!

To go forward to regional you need to have lost at least 4st and be within a target weight for your height... I'm 5'8" and I think the limit for me was 12st 12lbs

RM07 then that rules me out as I'm 5ft 6 and I weigh 13st 12Ibs

If you win your group final and are within criteria ( weight lost and within a certain range for height ) then you are asked to complete a huge questionnaire ( to sell your story ) and provide photos. These go forward to regional finals and if you are selected, again you tell your story. Those chosen go forward to the final (or maybe semi first, I don't recall ).

Bare in mind, the previous winners have lost 17 stone plus.......

celebrate being a group winner, it means you inspire people. Enjoy the sash and sticker and pen if you get them, they may look cheap but they actually cost the consultant to buy them!!!!!

Back