woman of the year 2014

It was a huge honour for me as the timing was perfect and I definitely love having my sash, bouquet, sticker and my framed cert but the real victory was the fact that I had bad news the week before and then to get this news was like a turning point and things have been really good since then

I logged on to the slimming world website and even better still they want to hear my story so it may be published and that to me is the real victory because maybe I might be able to inspire others. When I was really down in the dumps and slightly depressed if I saw a story like my own then it may be the incentive I need to get me going and doing that for others would be lovely

It was a huge honour for me as the timing was perfect and I definitely love having my sash, bouquet, sticker and my framed cert but the real victory was the fact that I had bad news the week before and then to get this news was like a turning point and things have been really good since then

I logged on to the slimming world website and even better still they want to hear my story so it may be published and that to me is the real victory because maybe I might be able to inspire others. When I was really down in the dumps and slightly depressed if I saw a story like my own then it may be the incentive I need to get me going and doing that for others would be lovely

That's fantastic Orla, ooooh, you could be famous lol xxx. :flowers:

My consultant texted me last night to say I have been nominated in our group too, it's on tonight in class. Nice feeling to be nominated :) :eek: x

I have also been nominated.. It's the final voting tonight.. I've been the biggest loser and miss slinky in the past year.. Would really love that 3rd sash... Even if it is tacky!!!

That's wonderful Orla ... and Good Luck dle :D

My lovely fellow group members did me the honour of voting me their WOTY a couple of weeks ago, and I already know that I'm through to the regionals in September as I meet the criteria. After that who knows lol - it's all a bit out of my comfort zone (does that sound mad?).

I too was also nominated in my group this morning. Our consultant obviously did things differently...everyone had voted first and she knew the winner but invited 5 of us to give a short resume about ourselves. Then she announced the winner....a lovely lady who'd lost about 5 stone.
Just to add to our interest in how different groups are...she was given some lovely flowers & a small bottle of wine. No sash or certificate!

Looking forward to reading how Idl & Vavaness do in their voting tonight!

Well done Orla & Molly for being through to the next round already!

I too was also nominated in my group this morning. Our consultant obviously did things differently...everyone had voted first and she knew the winner but invited 5 of us to give a short resume about ourselves. Then she announced the winner....a lovely lady who'd lost about 5 stone.
Just to add to our interest in how different groups are...she was given some lovely flowers & a small bottle of wine. No sash or certificate!

Looking forward to reading how Idl & Vavaness do in their voting tonight!

Well done Orla & Molly for being through to the next round already!

I got a sash, sticker, certificate and a lovely bunch of flowers (that are still going strong amazingly!) ... and good luck to Vavaness for tonight too :D x

Thank you ladies! It's really cool to be nominated anyways so I don't mind how it goes. Of course, it'd be nice to win but I'm dead chuffed anyway xxx :)

I have also been nominated.. It's the final voting tonight.. I've been the biggest loser and miss slinky in the past year.. Would really love that 3rd sash... Even if it is tacky!!! 

Best of Luck hun, will have fingers crossed for you xxx :):fingerscrossed::cross:

JanetElizabeth thanks for that but unfortunately I didnt make the criteria due to not been close enough to target but I did get a sash, certificate, bouquet of flowers and my little frame with my name in it due to be nominated first

Molly, that is fantastic well done, it is lovely to see someone we know here who has made it to the regionals. I did my story on the slimming world website but have a problem trying to upload photos

Good luck to the rest of ye, Vavaness, dle lets hope both of ye win and maybe ye might progress on to the next round

Good luck to the rest of ye, Vavaness, dle lets hope both of ye win and maybe ye might progress on to the next round

Hi Orla, I won last night after. Unfortunately won't be progressing to next stage as I don't quite have 4st off - am 3lbs away from it, Grrr! Lol!
Ah, I don't mind, being group winner is just lovely in itself x

That'd be really cool if they feature you in the website! Exciting! :)

Well done for winning Vavaness :D Winning at group level is what really matters in my opinion (as is being nominated in the first place) - those are the people who really know us and who think we inspire them! (I don't think I'd ever describe myself as inspirational mind you, lol).

The rest of the competition is SW deciding who is most marketable ;) which isn't quite the same thing. The questionnaire that they sent me for the next stage took me literally hours to fill in and the terms and conditions (ie making yourself available to them) are frankly a bit scary :eek:

Well done for winning Vavaness :D Winning at group level is what really matters in my opinion (as is being nominated in the first place) - those are the people who really know us and who think we inspire them! (I don't think I'd ever describe myself as inspirational mind you, lol).

The rest of the competition is SW deciding who is most marketable ;) which isn't quite the same thing. The questionnaire that they sent me for the next stage took me literally hours to fill in and the terms and conditions (ie making yourself available to them) are frankly a bit scary :eek:

Thanks Molly hun xxx :)

Congratulations to the winners and nominees... I was voted Woman of the Year by my group this evening, still shocked!! My consultant told me I will qualify for the next round having lost over 4 stone, he said the time I have lost it in is a factor too. Where can I find out more?

He also said if I got through the regionals (I can't imagine this will happen) then as a national finalist I'd be invited to the Slimming World ball and so would he!

What I don't get is surely I will be losing more weight, so what weight counts?

That is fantastic Vavaness, well done on that, it is great to feel at grass roots level you are inspiring others and when they asked me to fill out my story and they even mentioned blow your own trumpet, I didnt hold back because even though I'm very honest about the fact I love getting praise, I worked pretty hard for it and why not and also the fact that others felt I inspired them too so I told my story and now I just have to wait and see will they publish it :D

I agree about the whole woman of the year is a marketing ploy but then again you want to put your best candidate forward and pick the best to show that slimming world works. I was also told that you have to be a certain height and I think I would fit into that category as I'm 5ft 6" and a little bit more but the one that got me was the fact that I'm a little too far away from target. If I'm honest too, I would probably lose out due to taking so long to reach target as I don't know will I make it by Christmas even but I never joined slimming world to try and win woman of the year, I joined to lose weight and improve my health as well and I'm doing that bit by bit

Congratulations Moolumps :D

And Orla you have every right to blow your own trumpet ... our weight losses, as you say, are hard won and achieved to improve our health, which is the greatest prize of all :)

Absolutely and well done you on progressing to the next stage, I see your stats are amazing and I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see you progressing far

Thank you Mollymolly. My consultant called me this morning and and I don't qualify for next round as I miss the max weight criteria by 2lbs. I'm actually relieved if I'm honest, I found last night rather emotional just talking about my journey as it is such a personal thing. I feel hugely honoured to be voted for by my group and to think I could inspire anyone else on their weight loss journey is just amazing.

I don't understand how they can put weight limits on it though. They keep saying that your target is your decision but this rather suggests they only want people who are looking slim enough for their marketing purposes rather than celebrating the loss as it is. Anyway, well done on some amazing losses and good luck to those who are progressing onwards, you are all amazing!!! xxx

Back