Women....TOTM problem on Lipotrim / slim n save. Please help!!

lil_trixie

I'm really hoping someone can shed some light on this.... i was on Lipotrim two years ago and within a month i was bleeding daily, it then stopped once i resumed eating properly.

I'm now on slim n save (roughly 500-600 cals) a day and the same thing has happened now within 2 weeks.... I'm not sure what to do as it is a nuisance and i'm quite worried.

Has this happened to anyone else on these vlcd diets or does anyone have any advice I definitely don't want to stop the diet.

Id be so grateful for any help or advice :eek:

Thanks

yes, its to do with the whatyamacallit stores when we dont use carbs as energy these stores release a hormone that make us have a period. i would see your gp tho as it should only ever be a period and stop.

On the one hand, quite normal. A lot of the cycle related hormones react with higher and lower insulin levels and all that gubbins, so changing your "fuel" does have an effect. I, for example, now have a regular 28 day cycle that has never happened before in 30 years! I'm being monitored for a couple of gynae related conditions as an aside, so I know these effects for me are absolutely fine.

On the other hand - if it's really abnormal for you then a professional medical opinion wouldn't go amiss, perhaps book in with your practice nurse to chat through? There are conditions out there which are ultimately improved by following a vlcd, but seem to like to "rebel" to start with by being a bit naughty - endometriosis for example can give cycle long/mid cycle/and adhoc bleeding. Sometimes once those extra hormones have been worked through, all settles down :)

I have similar issues, when I get into VLCD routines I also start having very frequent bleeding, but after a while your body rebalances and things go back to normal. Alway check with your GP to make sure that things are right for you though, better to be safe!

Back