Wonky Floorboards - where do you weigh in?

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
Our flat is terrible for having wonky floorboards, which makes it awkward to use the scales and get an accurate reading every week, So I am thinking of taking myself up to Boots once a week from now on instead. Hubby told me to weigh in outside on the porch as its "level" ....Don't think my neighbours wants to see me in my granny pants at 8am in the morning.

Where do you weigh-in? Is it at a slimming club? at home in the bathroom? at a local chemist? or at the doctors?

I go sw on a Monday bc then I know the scales are the same place etc everyweek - my home scales as you say vary dependent in where I place them! X

have you tried putting a piece of wood underneath your scales. not really sure if it works on wonky boards. but you could try. if not do you go to a gym or leisure club you could weigh there. if not boots. good luck

I WI on my scales, I put them in same place every time.. Which is on carpet upstairs, I have checked they are accurate and they are digital, the doctor's ones are wee bit lighter but not by much.

have you tried putting a piece of wood underneath your scales. not really sure if it works on wonky boards. but you could try. if not do you go to a gym or leisure club you could weigh there. if not boots. good luck

That is exactly what I do, I put them on a piece of board but I have to move the board into the same place every week, and I weigh myself 3 times and then take the average of the 3 weights (they usually differ by half a pound or two each time!)
They are Weight Watchers Digital scales and have always been quite accurate but I worry about the dodgy floorboards lol.

That is exactly what I do, I put them on a piece of board but I have to move the board into the same place every week, and I weigh myself 3 times and then take the average of the 3 weights (they usually differ by half a pound or two each time!)
They are Weight Watchers Digital scales and have always been quite accurate but I worry about the dodgy floorboards lol.

blimey what a faff that must be for you

Our scales are on the wood floor in the living room

Eek my first weigh in since reatarting xen tomoro hope iv lost something

Nah its not that much of a faff, just annoying lol.

butter_on_toast said:
Our scales are on the wood floor in the living room

Eek my first weigh in since reatarting xen tomoro hope iv lost something

Good luck I'm sure you have done great :)

I get weighed monthly at the docs as its like a weekly torture for me otherwise! And i would be weighing myself everyday as well! Bloody hate weighing scales!!!

Back