woo hoo back in ketosis just hours later!

vampalicious

Silver Member
hiya!
wow, im so relieved!
i had a day of yesterday so i could have a night out drinking!
i ate chips, and prawns and had over 6 pints of larger, checked to see if i was in ketosis this morning and i wasnt, checked at 5pm and it was dark pink again, woo hoo!! so relieved, i dont like having days off lol, i think after christmas i wont be having any more and just stick to SSing, ( i didnt even like eating the food, just did it so i could drink!)

Well that's great!!! I am having xmas day and boxing day off and really hope I go back in ketosis quickly afterwards. Did you feel really full after eating the prawns? I have decided to have a small portion of everything as I am sure my stomache has shrunk over the last 3 weeks....

hi bevy, yes i did get really full really quickly, i also felt sick and bloated!! oh and my jaw hurt through chewing lol, so do take it slowly at first!
even though im back in ketosis i think ive gained weight this week, i only had one day off and i only ate chips and prawns! but i havnt been drinking much water so im probably holding on to it.
im also have xmas and boxing day off! :)

Hiya. Congrats on your weight off so far.:) I saw on another post you've a gastric band but lost your weight with SW, did the band not work out for you? I am considering surgery and though the bypass scares me a little I know I'd cheat too easily with a band lol.

hi lyn, you got it in one with the band!! its too easy to cheat on it im afraid, if you like big meals then it does help with that, but if you like chocolate, icecream ect then the band dosnt help at all as it all just slips through so you still have to have an ernormous amount of will power, i was very nieive when i had my band, i thought it was the start of my new life, thought that i would lose all my weight in a year, but now nearly 6 years later im still struggling with it :(
i dont regret the band as without it i dread to think how much i would have weighed now without it!
But its hard work, mines isnt working properly att he moment i think ive got a leak, hence why i have got on the cambride diet!
( the bypass also scared me to death!!)

You look really pretty in your photo, very goth but glam lol. Would you be able to get the band fixed on the NHS? I suppose you'd not have it removed cos as you say, it's probably prevented you from gaining quite a lot.

Happy christmas. xx

well my surgeon just wants me to "see how it goes" never mind me gaining loads of weight because its not working!
if it is leaking you cant get it fixed, it would have to be a complete replacement which i would have on the NHS. x
merry christmas to you too!!xx

Last edited:
no, not at all, the band only works with good solid food, anything mushy/sloppy just goes straight through, i think i stick to CD because i know that it ruins it if you cheat, and when im in ketosis i just dont want to eat anyway!

nah dont be daft lol, i dont mind personal questions! :)

well my surgeon just wants me to "see how it goes" never mind me gaining loads of weight because its not working!
if it is leaking you cant get it fixed, it would have to be a complete replacement which i would have on the NHS. x
merry christmas to you too!!xx

I forgot that they replace it. I made it sound as if it was like putting a patch on a tyre, silly me. :giggle:

Back